Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI is getting worse. Having more centrals
RE: AHI is getting worse. Having more centrals
My numbers are doing much better. Can't seem to stop the leaking though. Starting using a chin strap and it helped some. Its not bothering me or waking me up. I just have a dry mouth sometimes. Any suggestions? DME told me that if the therapy is working to not worry about the leaking.
[Image: nZOPuOCm.png]
Min EPAP 10
Max EPAP 13
Min PS 3
Max PS 10
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Not questioning the fact of mouth breathing, your past charts clearly show that, but the latest strike me a movement/positional in nature. You may be rolling from side to back to side causing these current leaks. But they are not bad and your numbers are great.

Just keep that in mind for now.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
I think getting rid of the ramp helped get a better mask fit and avoid some events as well. Looks like you're finally getting the kind of results we expect to see with the ASV.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
All I have to say is wow I love my ASV
[Image: PApMfFyl.png]
Min EPAP 10
Max EPAP 13
Min PS 3
Max PS 10
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey AMDX64,

I'm very curious to know if you have sustained your awesome numbers over the past week or so. Would you mind posting a summary of your AHI?

I'm most likely in the same boat and should be seeking some testing for ASV soon.

Thanks, Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
Here you go Stevie. You can see when I started using the ASV in Sept. My AHI  dropped like a rock.

[Image: RXjXvNOm.png]
[/url]

[Image: Z8j3KFfm.png]
[url=https://imgur.com/Z8j3KFf.png]
Min EPAP 10
Max EPAP 13
Min PS 3
Max PS 10
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! I'm guessing you feel like a reborn man these days.

I'm curious about the pressure change when you switch to ASV. It appears to be much higher. Does it actually feel like there is significantly more pressure? Or does the ASV feel different than a CPAP?

I found even 9 to 10 helped cause inflammation in my passages and also caused much more leaking with my masks.

Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
It took me a week to get adapted to the ASV. The hardest thing was getting used to how quickly the pressure ramped up. My mask leaks much more than it did on cpap but I was on a much lower pressure. I have to wear a chin strap every night now because the pressure will blow my mouth open. The leaking doesn’t wake me up and the machine has a happy green face in the morning. It’s  only on sleepyhead that I can see the leaks. The ASV feels different than CPAP because the pressure changes quickly and constantly. I love it.
Min EPAP 10
Max EPAP 13
Min PS 3
Max PS 10
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks and continued success to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Min EPAP 10
Max EPAP 13
Min PS 3
Max PS 10
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 247 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 14 391 03-26-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,817 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 184 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 595 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 123 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 330 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.