Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI is getting worse. Having more centrals
I told him I almost brought my card with me. He replied that it wouldn't have done any good because he didn't have any software to look at it.
Post Reply Post Reply
What???  Blink He should be shown to the door.
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants.... 
Post Reply Post Reply
If he comes here, he can get software to work with many machines.

Please organize your SleeyHead screenshots like this.
I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Had my bipap titration last night. Felt like I slept better. Didn't wake up feeling out of breath. Which bipap is the better one to have the Aircurve 10 Vpap or Aircurve 10 ST? When I go in for my follow up I want to make sure I get the right machine this time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quickly, the ST model is a lot more sophisticated and is twice the price of the VPAP.
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply
Those are two very different machine. For someone without centrals the Aircurve 10 VAuto is a great machine and has auto-adjusting pressure. The VPAP is a fixed pressure machine, and you can think of them as the same as an auto vs fixed CPAP. The bilevel is a very comfortable machine, but I would opt for the auto if you have a need for a bilevel. The Dreamstation 700 series or PRS1 BiPAP Auto are also in this category.

The Aircuve ST is a specialized machine that has a spontaneous and timed breathing rate. The problem with the ST is it uses a high pressure support all the time, which in cases of complex apnea can CAUSE centrals, making you more dependent on the machine. In cases of complex apnea where a high level of pressure support is not needed for restrictive lung conditions, an Aircurve 10 ASV is the correct machine. This is a bilevel that can have a pressure support as low as zero, but can use higher pressure support like the ST to initiate breathing during central events. It has an auto-adjusting EPAP pressure to deal with obstructive apnea, and an automatic and natural detection of centrals based on your average breathing rate rather than just a timed breathing rate. This machine is far far far superior for complex apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply

Great. Thanks for the info.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got a call from the sleep lab. They said I'm going to have another sleep test and I'm going to get a asv machine. They don't sell them so I have to get it from another supplier. Any suggestions on the best place to get a Aircurve 10 ASV?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like good news for you. What is your insurance situation? You need to find out who is in-network. With regard to online suppliers, Supplier #30 is a DME that will invoice and mange insurance claims and might be worth checking.
Post Reply Post Reply

Talked with the sleep people again when I returned my cpap machine. It could be a ST machine they are going to put me on. The tech seemed confused between ST and ASV. My insurance should cover it. It just has to be well documented that I need it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  home study for centrals jerry1967 21 858 10-09-2017, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  centrals jerry1967 11 538 08-10-2017, 08:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Feeling Worse Rowdy1 1 259 05-20-2017, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  high number of centrals lionel197 5 423 05-19-2017, 05:23 PM
Last Post: bonjour
  Feeling Worse Rowdy1 4 323 05-18-2017, 08:51 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
Question How Long Before Centrals Subside hartikka 28 2,509 04-20-2017, 07:25 PM
Last Post: richb
  Mouth leaks getting worse, is FFM my only option? Hockenberry 10 1,232 03-13-2017, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Leemax