Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI is getting worse. Having more centrals
RE: AHI is getting worse. Having more centrals
Looks like REM sleep aggravated apnea. I have it too.
That is why it is important to look at more than the AHI - to figure out when it happens and determine a why.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Since turning my EPR off and setting my min pressure to 7.4 my AHI has been 5.8, 1.5, 3.39, 11.78, 5.85 and 16.72.

[Image: pW7VK4yl.png]

This was last night.
Post Reply Post Reply
First, most of your night remains pretty clear, but these periods of post sleep onset periodic breathing and apnea are really concerning. If you are under a doctor's care, you should request a consult. This kind of pattern can be related to medications or heart conditions; are you aware of any of these factors playing a role? This could also be a complex or central apnea problem that is not going to respond to CPAP. I know of no strategy to break a sustained pattern of central apnea using CPAP.

Since this pattern is continuing, and has a defined pattern following sleep onset, I have to say I'm out of my league to make constructive suggestions with your current equipment and what little we know of your diagnosis. If you can shed any light on this with results from your sleep study, or existing health conditions then perhaps we can help on the forum, otherwise I think you will be best served by bringing this to the attention of your physician(s) for evaluation and diagnosis. A predominately central apnea and periodic breathing pattern like this would be better treated by adaptive servoventilator (ASV), rather than CPAP, and you will need your doctor's assistance to move in that directions.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had stress tests, ekg's, chest x-ray's, seen a cardiologist, etc. The Dr. says I just have A typical chest pain, my heart is fine and I've never had a heart attack. I do have high blood pressure, non alcoholic liver disease and a domed right diaphragm. Hydrochlorothiazide is the only thing I'm taking for med's. I was supposed to go in today for my 30 day follow up with my sleep doctor. But they cancelled due to a medical emergency and now my next appointment isn't for another month. If I had complex or a central apnea problem would it happen every night. The sleep study showed mostly hypopnea's, some obstructive and a few central apnea's. My blood oxygen went down to 86%. Here are some other night I have had.

[Image: 81qJ3gtl.png]

[Image: KuBSjbzl.png]

[Image: kYi7pWGl.png]

[Image: U1tGZ5kl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
One other though that worked for another member. Clusters of apnea can be caused by obstruction created when you tuck your chin towards your chest. This member used a buckwheat husk pillow, but any option, including soft cervical collar, neck roll or whatever works to eliminate this possibility may resolve the clusters. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ata?page=3
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2017, 11:45 AM)Amdx64 Wrote: If I had complex or a central apnea problem would it happen every night. 

Not necessarily. Apnea events vary from night to night, so inconsistency between nights may happen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Last night was much better. Why am I having such a drastic swing? Does anyone know what the response setting on the autoset 10 does? It has a standard and soft setting. Does it control how fast the pressure ramps up after an event?

[Image: XbIqKQzl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
SLEEPRIDER, would bringing the max pressure setting down from 20cm to around the 10 / 12 cm mark be better for the algarithum to work more efficiently? Just thinking that he's hovering in the 10's for 95% and may help with the ca's, or does the breathing pattern dictate the type of ca's occuring?. Just trying to learn.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thinking-about  Good question ☝️☝️
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2017, 08:28 AM)leadslinger Wrote: SLEEPRIDER, would bringing the max pressure setting down from 20cm to around the 10 / 12 cm mark be better for the algarithum to work more efficiently? Just thinking that he's hovering in the 10's for 95% and may help with the ca's, or does the breathing pattern dictate the type of ca's occuring?. Just trying to learn.

He doesn't seem to exceed 12, so reducing it to that doesn't seem likely to affect anything adversely. 

And if I recall correctly, setting the maximum too high might encourage the CAs (?)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 217 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 14 379 03-26-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,786 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 180 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 585 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 118 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 324 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.