Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI is getting worse. Having more centrals
RE: AHI is getting worse. Having more centrals
Last night was my best night so far. Took a little to get settled down but once I did I sleep great. I lowered my max to down to 12. I got close to that at one point during the night. Should I raise the max a little just to be on the safe side or would I never really need higher than 12? Hopefully this will be repeated in the coming nights. Way-to-happy

[Image: ff0p2UFl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
The highest your pressure went was close to 10. I wouldn't raise the max pressure as it could trigger more clear airways.

Just keep a watch on it. If your were bumping up to max pressure and staying there, then that may require a change.

Good luck, it looks good.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry to be late to this. Some really good thoughts in this thread, and you were ahead of me on reducing the maximum to 12, in fact I think you can take the maximum pressure to 10 and be just fine. There are no obstructive events showing up, and under these circumstances I really like limiting pressure changes to about 3 cm. Limiting the upper pressure might have helped on the 2/16 night where your 95% pressure was 10.06 and the maximum was 10.86. Flattening out that last bit of upper pressure should help avoid the CA events that occur there.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well last night was disappointing but not as bad as some nights. Dropped my max down to 10. Looks like it hit the max only a few times. Some of the CA's in the end didn't look like true CA's but most still were. Unsure  Should I leave the max at 10 for now even though it maxed out a few times? What do you do for an itchy nose? I woke up twice with my nose itching like crazy. I'm a little groggy this morning but feel pretty good. Mornincoffee  

[Image: 2JicvFnl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
You had CA clusters near your minimum and maximum, and considerable periods of no problem. There are 2 breaks in therapy and it looks like you might be better off at a minimum of 8 cm, at least that is where things seem to settle in. We may eventually want to try a session of straight pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I slept with my min set to 8 but changed it back to 7 around 6:30 am because it felt like I couldn't catch my breath. I'm going to see the sleep doctor today. It will be interesting to hear what he says about my CA's.

[Image: TxD7IVRl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hang in there. things will get better. If it were me I think I would go with Sleeprider's last statement of trying a set pressure rather than a range. Looking at your chart from last night all your CA's occurred when you got above 8.5 pressure. Maybe give it a try at 8.0 and see if that addresses the CA's without allowing more OA's.

Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
Your CA event rate resembles complex apnea. So that should be your discussion focus with the doctor. You may need a sleep study evaluation for ASV. The difficulty is, your CA come in clusters, and it appears they are minimized at about 8 cm with steady fixed pressure. As a result, the problem may not appear in the course of a titration study. I really think you should be trying a single pressure of 8 without EPR.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
After talking to the sleep doctor yesterday I'm glad I have you guys here. Sat down and he says everything looks great and I'm doing an excellent job using the machine. I told him I had been following the data from the machine and I was having a lot of CA's. He told me that sedation would help with the CA's because I was hyperventilating before I was falling a sleep. He wrote down a over the counter med he wanted me to take. I looked at it and told him that I had tried the same stuff for nasal congestion and it didn't work. I explained to him what was showing up on sleepyhead and he agreed with me that it sounded like complex apnea. So next week I am going to have a bipap titration. The "sleep doctor" was very interested in the sleepyhead data and told me to bring what I had the next time I came in because the only thing he had was bar graphs showing my usage, ahi, and leak rate. The same basic stuff you get on the myAir app from resmed. The lack of information collected made me feel like I was born in a puppy mill and the only thing I am is a dollar sign. Blink Blink Blink  Most people probably have simple obstructive apnea which is easily corrected with an apap, they give them a machine, followup once in awhile, collect the check and move onto the next person. Sorry for the rant but it just burns me. Anyway here is last nights data. I went strait cpap at 8 cmH20. Thanks for all the help I would be going crazy if it wasn't for all of you. 

[Image: 2giNuCAl.png]

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
If he is using ResScan, he needs to upload the detail data from your card. Then he will be able to see more information.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 234 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 14 387 03-26-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,800 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 182 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 588 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 121 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 329 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.