Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI is getting worse. Having more centrals
RE: AHI is getting worse. Having more centrals
I told him I almost brought my card with me. He replied that it wouldn't have done any good because he didn't have any software to look at it.
Post Reply Post Reply
What???  Blink He should be shown to the door.
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
If he comes here, he can get software to work with many machines.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Had my bipap titration last night. Felt like I slept better. Didn't wake up feeling out of breath. Which bipap is the better one to have the Aircurve 10 Vpap or Aircurve 10 ST? When I go in for my follow up I want to make sure I get the right machine this time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quickly, the ST model is a lot more sophisticated and is twice the price of the VPAP.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Those are two very different machine. For someone without centrals the Aircurve 10 VAuto is a great machine and has auto-adjusting pressure. The VPAP is a fixed pressure machine, and you can think of them as the same as an auto vs fixed CPAP. The bilevel is a very comfortable machine, but I would opt for the auto if you have a need for a bilevel. The Dreamstation 700 series or PRS1 BiPAP Auto are also in this category.

The Aircuve ST is a specialized machine that has a spontaneous and timed breathing rate. The problem with the ST is it uses a high pressure support all the time, which in cases of complex apnea can CAUSE centrals, making you more dependent on the machine. In cases of complex apnea where a high level of pressure support is not needed for restrictive lung conditions, an Aircurve 10 ASV is the correct machine. This is a bilevel that can have a pressure support as low as zero, but can use higher pressure support like the ST to initiate breathing during central events. It has an auto-adjusting EPAP pressure to deal with obstructive apnea, and an automatic and natural detection of centrals based on your average breathing rate rather than just a timed breathing rate. This machine is far far far superior for complex apnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great. Thanks for the info.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got a call from the sleep lab. They said I'm going to have another sleep test and I'm going to get a asv machine. They don't sell them so I have to get it from another supplier. Any suggestions on the best place to get a Aircurve 10 ASV?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like good news for you. What is your insurance situation? You need to find out who is in-network. With regard to online suppliers, Supplier #30 is a DME that will invoice and mange insurance claims and might be worth checking.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Talked with the sleep people again when I returned my cpap machine. It could be a ST machine they are going to put me on. The tech seemed confused between ST and ASV. My insurance should cover it. It just has to be well documented that I need it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 249 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 14 395 03-26-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,829 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 185 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 595 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 126 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 332 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.