Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI is mild but I feel like a zombie - OSCAR review request
RE: AHI is mild but I feel like a zombie - OSCAR review request
(03-11-2022, 04:33 PM)DaveL Wrote: aa87 you're on the right path.

I've done this for a long time--about 35 years. Yet I felt like a zombie too until I got help here.

This is an amazing forum with so many people that help so much!

I am incredibly grateful to have found this place.

Sorry for the delay.  I travel for a living and have a resmed airmini for when I'm away from home which has absolutely no useful data to show.  I have been using it at 8-12 and its been reporting a low AHI (1-5) but I cant really say I have felt any better.  Of course that could be because I have had to wake up at god awful hours every day this week and haven't been getting any sleep in the first place.

I finally got a goods night rest at home and things are looking good in OSCAR.  Here are all the things I am doing:

• Nose strip - I don't feel as stuffy in the morning if I wear one and I am more successful in keeping the mask on all night.
  • Soft cervical collar - I think this made a big difference since sleeprider inferred my OA's were mostly positional.
  • Flat pillow
  • Pressure 8-12

I'll keep this up for a while and see how I feel.  Thank you for the help!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI is mild but I feel like a zombie - OSCAR review request
Sleeprider and others are the experts!

I wish I had the skill to help.

What I do when I'm travelling is I leave my humidifier chamber behind to make my machine smaller. And I had to buy a cover plate to replace it... my machine is a ResMed S10 for her....I have had cars that are too small and I can't carry unnecessary stuff.

I've considered one of the small cpaps, but now you've given me a reason not to buy. I need a record of what I've done to show compliance. Using my SD card and OSCAR gives me a good record.

DaveL
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel WORSE after getting Leaks under control - hopeless HarleyGirl63 3 92 4 hours ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 41 1,269 Yesterday, 10:30 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 110 Yesterday, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How long did it take for you to feel better on CPAP? Pebble 6 192 04-21-2024, 06:59 PM
Last Post: AndyB
  Low AHI scores but feel like I should feel better jake79 7 281 04-19-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: jake79
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 222 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 144 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.