Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI is varying from 2.XX to 7.XX
AHI is varying from 2.XX to 7.XX
What can i do to make it consistently better? Even with AHI 2.3, I feel sleepy. 
Burping during sleep & bloated.
If this positional what can I do to or how to identify which position is making it bad?
I am wearing a Dreamwear full face mask, mouth tape & SCC. 

From samsung watch, O2 level shows usualy under 90% for 5 min or more and lowest 78~80.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI is varying from 2.XX to 7.XX
Welcome. Your Dec 1 graphs show positional apnea. Positional apnea is when you sleep in a position that cuts off your own airway. It is known as chin tucking. Your chin drops down to your sternum and no Cpap or pressure changes will help. You have to stay out of that position.

Back sleeping is one way (you can chin tuck in any sleep position) that many people chin tuck. If it continues you may need a collar to keep your airway open. Please take the time to read the materials in the link I provided in my signature.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Staceyburke,
Thanks for replying.

I was using SCC all these nights. Still AHI went up. Maybe I need better quality SCC? I am using the below SCC.

https://www.tynorstore.com/product/cervi...h-support/

What should I do for those night AHI 2.XX but still feel sleepy during daytime?
And anything to do about the burping & bloating during sleep time? I am mouth taping with surgical tape & using full face mask.

From AHI point of view, the best AHI 1.51 so far I saw was with Fixed pressure 7, EPR off but flow limit was high 0.20 and was not using SCC or mouth tape at that time. Should I try fixed pressure with EPR=3, & SCC+ mounth taping?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The other 2 nights did not show much positional apnea but your night with the highest AHI did. maybe that was because your collar was not on correctly.
The other nights it seemed the centrals were worse.. Centrals are up and down usually and not consistent at all. They come from not being use to the cpap and usually go away after a while (month or so). I would try EPR 2 full time and not just on ramp. See how that works for you.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are a back sleeper try sleeping on your side all night and see what happens...
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Staceyburke, Old Steve.
I will try to work on the positional problem.
Hope the CA goes down over time.
Post Reply Post Reply
In my case, I found the use of EPR could increase lots of CAs. A small EPR may decrease some CAs. Sleep quality also depend on how much deep sleep you got. It would be better to monitor sleep quality using a smart watch.
Post Reply Post Reply
davidz,
thanks. ok i will decrease EPR by 1 and observe with smart watch as well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 396 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Varying measurements from AS11 and Oxymeter fuzz 8 384 02-02-2024, 03:55 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  Varying AHI SteveC 8 548 09-13-2023, 01:51 AM
Last Post: SteveC
  CPAP masks and varying AHI and leaks. Ticman1 1 1,312 05-16-2018, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Hojo
  Varying Data - Newbie dzadecta 5 1,122 03-06-2018, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Widely varying pressures question Heyns 7 1,592 02-26-2018, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Heyns
  Help [varying AHI levels] Haynbo 25 3,861 04-26-2017, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Haynbo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.