Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI jumped
AHI jumped
so I was running AHI of 4-16
Suddenly it is 30-45.
And all I have done is activated the heated hose and humidifier on my resmed airsense 10

Any thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI jumped
When that happens to me, I look at things that wear out and get dirty. Is it possible that you need a new cushion or filter?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you posted your OSCAR graphs someone could help you. Free download at the top of this site.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately, fortopman is using a Z2 portable auto CPAP and OSCAR doesn't work with that. We need to learn if the events are obstructive or central. A common reason for sudden increases in obstructive apnea and hypopnea is positional apnea (chin-tucking). It can happen at any time, and might result from a change in bedding, pillows, and who knows? Anyway, read the positional apnea wiki. Consider a soft cervical collar and see if the problem goes away. Without data, that's the best I have.

Positional apnea http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Soft cervical collar: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am on a resmed airsense for past 2 years.
With a Mirage FX mask and new cushions.

Been on cpap with ResMed 8 for 9 years earlier.

Spent 2 hours his afternoon trying to install OSCAR- will not load.
I get a screen of Oscar saying it will now go for a folder- and I have two options yes/no.
Either one crashes.

Spent an hour trying to install ResMed.
Program loads, but says no patient.
Screen seems to show the SD card, but cannot do anything.

So I am on my own.
Post Reply Post Reply
For OSCAR, try holding down the Shift key as try to start it. This will change the graphics engine used to display the graphics. It may or may not work, but will provide a starting point as to the problem. I see from another of your posts that you're using Windows 10. Is it a 32 or 64 bit version? How much memory does your computer have?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried both 32 and 64 bit- no go.
4 or 8 mem on board.

Runs photoshop and other graphics editing programs with no problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
make sure the directory you specify is not on the SD card, infact take it out of your PC and setup OSCAR first
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user - AHI jumped to 3.72 from 0.37 jiguchonla 25 2,459 02-09-2020, 08:55 PM
Last Post: jiguchonla
  why has AHI jumped so high? w7sot 12 16,931 03-27-2017, 08:23 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [split] why has AHI jumped so high? Athena 6 1,650 03-09-2017, 08:18 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.