Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI low, what else could be making me sleepy?
RE: AHI low, what else could be making me sleepy?
My view is that the therapy is already better via the Respironics to ResMed change. The only suggestion I have is to shorten or eliminate the Ramp. 45 minutes is far too long to delay therapy and the Ramp pressure of 4 is far too low.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ramp off. If you cannot handle it let's try some different settings for the Ramp.

Otherwise, let these settings ride.
Post Reply Post Reply
SarcasticDave and bonjour, thank you for the replies.  I thought I had set the ramp to auto but I guess I must have had it on 45.  I'll try setting the initial pressure higher and move to a much shorter ramp time to start and see how that goes. 

I was honestly quite impressed with the ResMed over the DreamStation in terms of the ability to naturally exhale so I really appreciate all the advice the other day pointing me in the direction of the ResMed as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome, and I am sure the ResMed will serve better. No prob on the Ramp; just being your friendly umpire that only calls what he sees.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gee Dave, I didn't know you were blind too!
Post Reply Post Reply
That's why a carry a white bat around.

[Image: boXdv7G.png?1]
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2020, 04:15 PM)fsc321 Wrote: I've found the same in other areas of healthcare as well.  If you don't advocate for yourself and do research you can end up being no better off than when you started.  That's why I appreciate what you guys have told me today so much.  God knows how many months forward each of you helped move me today.  It's so nice to not have to go it alone and be able to talk to others who are in the same boat and more knowledgeable.

Thanks for posting this, fsc321.

This board is invaluable.

Harv
Thanks to everyone who helps us get a better night's sleep.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve found this thread to be particularly interesting, especially with regard to the comments about Resmed devices vs Philips. I bought my dreamstation simply because I was previously using a Respironics device. Maybe time to start saving for a Resmed. Supplier #2 in the recommended list is the place I always bought from in the past, but with the Aussie dollar having plunged months back, and shipping costs added, its becoming prohibitive to buy from them. Must check the whole list.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just noticed a TV ad for a relatively new drug for patients with OA's and daytime sleepiness. The drug name is, SUNOSI (solriamfetol). Other than the ad and the drug name, I don't have any further information. It may not even be approved in Australia.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
After seeing one of those ads, I checked the literature on Sunosi - scary stuff.  It is a treatment for daytime sleepiness, not for apnea of course, so you aren’t dealing with the negative health consequences other than the sleepiness.  It is also highly addictive, and has many contraindications.  As much as I hate the daytime sleepiness, I would not want to risk the addiction, and I would still need to use the xPAP (noted in the sunosi literature too).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 588 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 835 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
Gross Need help interpreting data and making adjustments tiredandexpired 13 588 03-01-2024, 10:07 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Help Interpreting OSCAR data and making adjustments Catbois 1 173 03-01-2024, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 285 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 210 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 560 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.