Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI moderate - sleep too short - feel tired
RE: AHI moderate - sleep too short - feel tired
(10-05-2019, 01:16 PM)Dormeo Wrote: I’m curious: what bothers you about the nose pillows?  Sore skin? Mouth leaks?  Or...?

Actually, she's good. Sometimes the nose is irritated early. It is not so tight at higher pressures. I have to see how I deal with that. I hope my mouth stays closed. Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
I slept all right. Then I stayed in bed for a while to see if I fell asleep again, but there was nothing. In the beginning I had the ramp on. The values have decreased by 50%. I got along very well with the pressure. I had also taken the medicine.  That certainly makes a difference. The SPO2 has improved a bit. In the end you can see how the values fall again when I was without CPAP. What do the pulse changes have to say? Is it something important?

I am curious how I will get through the day. The sun is shining, it is finally not raining anymore and I have work in the garden. I wish Allen a good start into the day and a good Sunday.
Smile Smile Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
PS. The bed time was 8 hours and the sleep time 6 hours.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
It's 10:30 AM now and I'm f*****g awake. It's really fun. I've got a lot of little things I've been doing in front of me. I have no desire to lie down as often.

Would it make sense to increase the pressure? Can I try it out in peace. I think AHI 4 is really the limit. Does the compressed air itself have a positive effect on SPO2 saturation?

What else are the causes of micro wake-up?
CO2 increase
O2 decrase
Noise, light, ...

By the way, I also ordered a collar and a pillow. Let's see if that brings me anything.

Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Thanks Thanks Thanks Smile Smile Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
My head is tidy today like it has not been for several years! That doesn't exist. Otherwise I have always disturbed myself at some things and they have not changed because I was down. Today it just goes so well and it makes me feel even better.
Post Reply Post Reply
The new settings cut your AHI by 50% and significantly reduced RERA. Looks pretty good to me, and I think you should continue these settings a few days before making any further changes. I think there is still some room for improvement, but it is helpful to establish a baseline to compare future changes. I think you can experiment with Flex at 1 or 2 to see if that is more comfortable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
@Slepprider: Okay

It's as if the system human tries again and again to return to the old values. I've tried a lot, but the AHI keeps going up. Here are the values. The two wakes I visited the bathroom.

I'm also working on 4 set screws at the moment:
- Pressure change
- Sertraline from 100 to 50 at day change (antidepressants)
- Opipramol yesterday from 50 to 25 (against anxiety disorder and to calm)
- Change of diet Low Carb/Keto since a few days
- Restex for a better sleep and to calm the legs

I'm actually fine. I would like to balance out the first two drugs completely. I've been taking them for over 10 years now and think that they won't help me anymore. The situation has stabilised.

I tried the flex setting. But AFlex1 is very unpleasant, as if I am being inflated. CFlex 1 works. I left it on. Maybe I test AFLex 2 again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Which machine would be best for my situation? Airsense 10 Autoset ?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can get an Autoset, the EPR is ususally better at actually treating hypopnea, and the auto-algorithm is faster to get ahead of obstructive apnea. In general, people seem to have fewer events using a Resmed.

I would suggest you increase minimum pressure to 11.5 and maximum pressure to 14.0
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, I'd love to.

The A-Flex is pumping me up to this pressure. Something bearable is A-Flex 3. You think you are ventilated when you inhale. Does that have another positive effect? You might think the respiratory organs are blown free. In the 30 minute test I still had at least 2 events that woke me up. Maybe you should try it with less pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 124 Yesterday, 08:31 PM
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  Low AHI scores but feel like I should feel better jake79 5 160 Yesterday, 01:57 PM
Last Post: jake79
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 3 223 04-16-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 471 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 289 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 187 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 5,408 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.