Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI moderate - sleep too short - feel tired
RE: AHI moderate - sleep too short - feel tired
This is a wonderful series of posts. I'll keep watching. I have so much to learn!
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
@Sleeprider: I already knew the two setting menus. There everything was faded in or the other options were missing. Thanks for the effort.

I slept great. It doesn't look bad either. I probably need the pressure relief to sleep well-even if it doesn't bother me without it. I will then continue testing with 7-11. EPR was 2 and with chinstrap. The hypnogram looks nice and even. Unfortunately I lost the oximeter.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Something completely different again. At noon the head forgets to breathe and I even notice it. I had the feeling that I was getting less air despite greater pressure-so I almost had to suck it. And after the first event, the pump starts running. And now I have a little head pressure.

Post Reply Post Reply
The one thing I’d add is to not change settings so often. When I was optimizing my settings it became very apparent that there was a lot of day-to-day variation. I concluded anything less than two weeks for a single setting could be misleading. It took many weeks to get to my optimal setting but I was able to believe the data. I’m not sure I would have gotten to my optimal setting if I had made changes too frequently.
Post Reply Post Reply
You seem to have a faster respiration rate (labored) where pressure is near the minimum of 6-7.0. Your median pressure is over 8.0, and that is what I would set as a minimum, and consider allowing a maximum of 11.0. Keeping EPR at 2 results in 8/6 to 11/9.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2019, 08:30 AM)Steve Zoller Wrote: The one thing I’d add is to not change settings so often.  When I was optimizing my settings it became very apparent that there was a lot of day-to-day variation.  I concluded anything less than two weeks for a single setting could be misleading.  It took many weeks to get to my optimal setting but I was able to believe the data.  I’m not sure I would have gotten to my optimal setting if I had made changes too frequently.
Thanks for this post!
And in a sleep study they set pressures after a short period of restless sleep. Arrrgggghhhhh....I understand the failure rate for newly tested people is 10%
Thank heaven for this forum and its participants.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
If it weren't for the CA, it'd be even better. But it also looks so good. I already had the CA three years ago. I'll be watching them. Maybe they come from the weight loss? In the last two weeks I have lost about 5 kg under KETOSE. I am back to the weight of 3 years ago (90kg/175). Maybe it is also due to reducing sertraline. I am currently only taking 50mg of sertraline otherwise nothing.

Unfortunately there was again an import problem. Again no events were indicated. I had to create the profile again.

Otherwise the Resmed is not much quieter than the Dreamstation. I miss the RERA.

The short sleep time is the current problem. I could not fall asleep also with ramp any more. First without a mask I slept again from 5 to 8 o'clock (with deep sleep). Under ketosis one supposedly doesn't need so much sleep-but I sleep during the day as well. After waking up I had to go to the bathroom.

The saturation is never under 90 or 85 %. That is actually okay?

I will now sleep on with the values and see if I can sleep through again and the CA disappears. More pressure is certainly not useful at the moment (leaks and noise).

Post Reply Post Reply
That's some good results. The CA of 3 isn't bad, I'm not sure if weight has a part in those. I think it's partially because of you being newer to CPAP therapy. If that is the case, they'll diminish in a month or so. Just keep an eye on it.

I think your machine does report RERA but only if they happen. If you don't see it reported, they didn't occur while on therapy with this machine, as I understand it.

Has sleep gotten better or you feel better for using CPAP therapy?

PS German language is not one I've learned (I'm still working on English Smile), but my youngest brother did take it in high school. His German nickname was tödlicher zeichenstift, which I think is a lethal crayon.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's hard for me to tell if I feel better or sleep better. In any case I am more efficient and actually feel well already. But I can't clearly assign the improvements because there are several changes at the moment (KETO, reducing medication, pressure changes).  I must be doing quite well otherwise I wouldn't be able to keep up with the multiple changes. :-)  But I think that everything will be fine.

Yes, the English language is also not my easiest exercise. For long texts I use some automaton from the net.

By the way, I've been on the mask for over 3 years.
Last time I had an AHI of 18 on average. My doctor did a test for one night. There was the AHI = 4. So no sleep laboratory. Then I have no more desire to run after them. Appointments last also very long, partly several months.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm satisfied. I can fall asleep well and my sleep through time also increases again. I don't feel like tearing out trees now. I think this is just an illusion after big changes. The main thing is that I can realize my physical goals again and don't sit depressed and broad the whole day at the PC.

I wait still further until the sleeping through has further stabilized before I further optimize the pressure.

In the 30 days comparison with men of my age I actually also cut off super. I have a lot of REM and S4. The 30 day average says everything's fine. But he has always said that.

The chinstrap also seems to protect me from the full mask.

Is it true that you need a BI-PAP machine if you need higher pressure from about 13. The supplier said that.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI scores but feel like I should feel better jake79 7 185 10 minutes ago
Last Post: jake79
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 137 04-17-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 3 224 04-16-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 474 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 293 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 190 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 5,418 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.