Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI moderate - sleep too short - feel tired
RE: AHI moderate - sleep too short - feel tired
AFlex works differently than EPR. EPR is a true bilevel pressure and it follows your spontaneous breathing effort. The EPAP is reduced by up to 3-cm based on the setting. This results in a wave-shaped flow rate that is at the inspiration peak only briefly. As a result, CPAP with EPR is effectively lower in pressure than the CPAP pressure setting. Inspiration is supported by a true pressure support as pressure increases during inspiration, and this is why it effectively works against flow limiations and hypopnea.

AFlex is a pressure relief algorithm that is proportional to the flow rate up to 2-cm, and predicts your trigger and cycle transitions rather than waiting. Pressure is reduced at the beginning of expiration, but returns to CPAP pressure before exhale ends. This can make exhale appear to be cutoff from the slow return to zero flow, to a more abrupt exhale followed by a longer zero-flow before inspiration begins. Inspiration is NOT give pressure support because it begins with the pressure already at the CPAP pressure setting.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I slept strangely. I took the Restex late when I couldn't fall asleep. I switched off Opti-Start and changed the pressure. But I don't feel tired. The hypnogram doesn't look bad either. I would slowly increase the upper pressure.

I contacted my supplier about changing the device. Maybe there is a possibility, but it has to be checked first.
Post Reply Post Reply
SpO2 looks good, but you continue to have OA and H events. Again, the only tool you have with the Philips is pressure, so increase it as you feel comfortable doing so.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night the pressure had increased further 12-15, but I had to go down again because I couldn't handle it. I also had a big leak. Accordingly also SPO2. You can also see the falling values without APAP at the end of SPO2.

Tomorrow morning I can pick up the Resmed 10 AutoSet. I will also take a full mask with me. I am curious.   Which values should I set at the beginning? Is it possible to leave the range 7-14 large and the machine intercepts everything itself?  I don't need any comfort, so ERP doesn't work? The menu looks very simple, but it is also sufficient if it controls everything itself.

Otherwise, I'm doing pretty well despite the lack of sleep. So I am awake the whole day but quickly somewhat weak probably because of the diet and the fewer calories.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can anything happen to me if I increase the pressure that much? You also have an ECG in the sleep lab. What is tested with it? So I am healthy so far. I also ask myself if I have to go to the doctor and I have changed the settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have the ResMed machine now? From Sleeprider's earlier comments, I think you will want some EPR along with whatever pressure range you set. I don't have the expertise to advise further, though. I do look forward to seeing how things go for you!
Post Reply Post Reply
No I didn't get Resmed because the supplier with a CPAP would have given elite. I had CPAP as the official setting. I can't switch it to AutoSet.
I could buy one, but I don't know if I need BiPAP then and it's another device again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, too bad!
Post Reply Post Reply
The Elite has the same features as the Autoset in terms of EPR and data, but is fixed pressure. I would still consider it a superior machine to the Philips due to having EPR. Clearly, it's preferable to have auto-adjusting pressure, but the Elite is otherwise an excellent device.

You can increase pressure within the limits of the 20 cm of the Dreamstation and as long as you are comfortable you cannot hurt yourself.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
There was some confusion with the supplier, because I have turned there at the values :-))))  Cool  I could seriously injure or harm myself. Unfortunately I did not come to the question.  Yes and in the sleep laboratory there is still the ECG - etc. Blah blah. I should leave the values so high and go again to my doctor, who does not want to refer me to the sleep laboratory because my AHI was at the test at 4.

What I don't understand is why I'm not really happy with the high pressure and the values don't go down. Because I have more leaks, it's louder.  Probably also the sleep phases are disturbed thereby.

I slept another night with standard CPAP 6.5 and Flex. The result doesn't look any worse than at higher pressures. I even had 4 deep sleeps. I just lose weight and don't drink any alcohol at all anymore and I also reduce the tablets.   I also sleep with the soft collar since yesterday. It goes quite well with it.

I have now the leakages and mouth breaths in the visor. Sometimes you see high leaks and little breathing and at the same time the AHI is rising. Does that fit together? Is the device still able to detect its own characteristics when a part of the pressure escapes? Actually yes. I will stick my mouth today for testing.

Enclosed the pictures of last night and the midday sleep Grin

The EPR is only a comfort function. The automatic pressure control at events is done by the APAP mode? Right?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 0 19 1 hour ago
Last Post: EntRESTo
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 178 10 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 168 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 85 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,958 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 174 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 130 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.