Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI moderate - sleep too short - feel tired
RE: AHI moderate - sleep too short - feel tired
EPR is a comfort function, but it works in a way identical to bilevel. Obviously, if you had an auto CPAP it would raise pressure ahead of the hypopnea and obstructive apnrea. Your pressure is only 6.5, so with an Elite, you could set the pressure at 7.0 and get 7.0/4.0 pressure support. It would make a lot of difference. Why is your pressure only 6.5?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's the recommendation from the sleep lab three years ago that I was supposed to use. The provider intimidated me. The night before last I had a pressure of 11-13 or more. I don't think I can sleep very well with it. I am torn back and forth. I still don't understand why I have a good result with so little pressure.  I almost bought myself an Airsense 10 Autoset today. If I get involved in the long waiting times and the fight with the doctors, I could of course get it officially.
Post Reply Post Reply
The higher the pressure, the less AHI but also the more leakage and sleep fragmentation. I will continue with 8-10 and try to get rid of the leaks. I already used the Large Pillow this afternoon. It seems to work better. Maybe I can't cope with the pressure fluctuations.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
This is what it looks like when I sleep with the default settings. I'd like to wag the screenshot around their ears. But it doesn't look that bad with SPO2. And I slept through the night. Now I can try the next night to sleep with the high pressure and this time to dam the Dreamstation in the bed cabinet. That has actually worked before. Then we see if the wakes come through the noise. At least that would be the logical conclusion. In addition I can switch on the Flex again a little bit.
Note the small red lines in the hypnogram of the last image. They fit well to the strong event areas. For me these are micro wakes. They're less at high pressure, and I need less sleep.
Let's see how I will get through the day today. I'm sure I'll sag.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2019, 02:10 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: AFlex is a pressure relief algorithm that is proportional to the flow rate up to 2-cm, and predicts your trigger and cycle transitions rather than waiting.  Pressure is reduced at the beginning of expiration, but returns to CPAP pressure before exhale ends. This can make exhale appear to be cutoff from the slow return to zero flow, to a more abrupt exhale followed by a longer zero-flow before inspiration begins.  Inspiration is NOT give pressure support because it begins with the pressure already at the CPAP pressure setting.

https://www.thecpappeople.com/what-is-ex...tflex.aspx

So ERP is similar to A-Flex. At the same time the pressure is increased slowly or fast. I felt it as if the pressure was coming with the A-Flex and I think it could have made the airways seem better by changing the pressure. I have to give it a try. I hope I can sleep with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, okay. The Resmed follows the breathing curve.

I ordered a AutoSet with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2019, 04:46 AM)perler242 Wrote: Yeah, okay. The Resmed follows the breathing curve.

I ordered a AutoSet with it.

Another member just posted a graph showing the respiration flow and the mask pressure. This shows how EPR follows your breathing.[Image: attachment.php?aid=16147]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Even this display is a great feature. I am sure that I am more satisfied with it than with the Dreamstation. The higher number of contributions with Dreamstation speak for themselves.
Post Reply Post Reply
My new machine has arrived
First test run....
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid315431
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on that ResMed. Hope you'll be successful with it. A friendly reminder to update your machine info that shows in your left panel via UserCP.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 170 7 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 164 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 83 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,958 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 174 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 130 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 826 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.