Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI moderate - sleep too short - feel tired
RE: AHI moderate - sleep too short - feel tired
I've had some trouble with my bowels now. I felt pressure in several places. I skipped CPAP for the third day. I assume it's the high pressure-because it's getting better. How far back should I go with the pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2019, 08:41 AM)perler242 Wrote: I've had some trouble with my bowels now. I felt pressure in several places. I skipped CPAP for the third day. I assume it's the high pressure-because it's getting better. How far back should I go with the pressure?

The lowest you can go is fixed pressure (minimum=maximum) of 7.0, EPR 3 or 6 with EPR 2.  You will compromise AHI for comfort but it's better than no therapy at all.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
How can I be sure it's that?
Post Reply Post Reply
Check the settings. Not sure I understand your question.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Then I can also use my old device with the default settings. I wait one month and look at the average of the AHI. If the AHI is above 10 I go to another doctor and ask for a referral to the sleep lab.

Maybe the Resmed is a bit better, but I would not care about that. I would then be back in the normal treatment system.  I'll pay less attention to the readings. I can sell the Resmed again.
Post Reply Post Reply
A long time ago I figured if I have to wear all this stuff at night, it better work. It's not going to cure me; however, the consequences of bad treatment are real.

In the old days I had the Sleep Doc from Heck. If I felt awful I'd finally call and make an appointment to see him. Without fail it would take two months to get in to see him. I had to bring my machine in. He would check the "hour" meter on the machine, and figure out if I was wearing my mask, machine on for more than 4 hours a day. If I did, I was compliant. If I didn't I wasn't compliant...
Without fail he would increase my pressure. I would go to my provider and they would change the setting and I would leave.

Point is: life should be better than this.

I came here with an attitude. I learned I was wrong. What I've learned is that the better treatment works, the better I feel. And maybe I'll even live longer.

Just a little story.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't mind the result. On the contrary. I have more experience again and I have tried to improve it. That's more important than doing nothing and brooding. Thank you very much for your support.

Should I go back to the sleep lab I can ask the staff there better questions. Maybe I will get the answers there. For example why the device shows apneas but they were simply taken off because it had no effect on my saturation or I turned around. But still, an arousal could have occurred and it should have been counted? Or maybe it really was not an effect. I now assume and trust that.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2019, 08:41 AM)perler242 Wrote: I've had some trouble with my bowels now. I felt pressure in several places. I skipped CPAP for the third day. I assume it's the high pressure-because it's getting better. How far back should I go with the pressure?

If I understand what you’ve written, you are not having problems with your bowels, nor feeling pressure in your abdomen, due to the CPAP machine.  Your bowels are responding to a virus, bacteria, stress, or something you ate but not air pressure from a CPAP machine.  And please do not correlate stopping using your CPAP machine with your bowels feeling better.  As I’ve said a couple of times in previous posts, you’re over-reacting to normal daily variations.

(12-19-2019, 02:50 PM)DaveL Wrote: In the old days I had the Sleep Doc from Heck. Without fail he would increase my pressure. I would go to my provider and they would change the setting and I would leave.

I think I had the same sleep doctor.  Worse than worthless.  After 2 or 3 visits I decided if I was going to get to the optimal setting for the lowest AHI, it was going to be because I learned about sleep apnea, the machine, and did the optimization myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had the intestinal problems for about 14 days. It started with problems sitting and walking in the lumbar spine. I think it was due to long car journeys. The problems are almost gone now but with the intestines I still have the problems. The doctor said quite hardened. I have the problems mostly early until the bowel movement which is quite tense. Yesterday I was 1.7 km swimming, a lot on my back. Because of the winds I assumed that it could be because of the high pressure. I am now using my old CPAP at 6.5, but since I have been using the high pressure for two months now, it is unlikely to be related.

Why does the sleep lab discharge me with such a low pressure and say there are no more apneas but the machine still displays AHI between 5 and 15. I have the feeling that they don't count hypopneas at all and some of the apneas were just over 10 seconds. They said I don't really need a machine. Because of increasing age the values get worse so I got a machine after all. I am now a bit in a hurry. The high pressure does not bring a big improvement. I rather think that it is even more unnatural and I am not as relaxed as with the low pressure. I think I know my way around and have to find my way.
Post Reply Post Reply
To all a merry peaceful and healthy Christmas!

My intestinal problems are slowly disappearing. There is also a positive aspect to all of this. Since I have configured the pressure to 6.6 CPAP with ERP1, there are only a few problems left. I don't quite understand why I now have these values again with the default settings. I will then switch off ERP and test the pressure a bit.

Two times I probably woke up by desaturation.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI scores but feel like I should feel better jake79 0 39 6 hours ago
Last Post: jake79
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 3 186 7 hours ago
Last Post: 40plus
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 460 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 279 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 182 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 5,382 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 273 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.