Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI numbers down. Am I OK with my settings?
AHI numbers down. Am I OK with my settings?
Hi...

My BiPAP machine is 1/2 dead.  It reports some wrong data.  The data I am posting a link to was actually recorded last night, Aug 14th.  Sometimes in my data I have blank spots in the graph.  I re formatted my SD card and then did a search for bad sectors.  My windows 10 computer found nothing wrong with my SD card.  I see differences between Sleep Head and EncoreBasic.  I did a deep clean un install of Sleepy Head, and then a fresh install.  My dates are still off.  I have to conclude the issues are with my BiPAP unit. 

I found out my BiPAP machine is not happy when I turn it off to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, or take my mask for a test drive for 30 minutes during the day.  It seems to work best if I do not turn the machine on except once, and that is when I go to sleep at night.

Here is my data from last night:

http://imgur.com/a/SdumH

I am so happy my AHI numbers are below 5.  Last night it was 3.93.  Sleepy Head says breathing was not detected 32.71% of the time.  I am guessing this is my dying BiPAP machine.  I am not going to get very concerned about this unit my new DreamStation arrives.

If anyone sees anything in my posted graphs that you think may need tweaking, please let me know.  If not, I am going to go with what I have for now.  I am trying for better sleep hygiene.  I hope the next couple of weeks will give me some good AHI numbers. 

Thanks to all that have helped me.

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI numbers down. Am I OK with my settings?
SleepyHead has a history of not working reliably with the data from a PRS1 BiPAP Model 750.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2017, 10:45 PM)Sleepster Wrote: SleepyHead has a history of not working reliably with the data from a PRS1 BiPAP Model 750.

Thank you for your post.  Do you think Sleepy Head works better with the DreamStation DSX700T11?

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
I have one (DSX700T11) and it works fine with SleepyHead.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2017, 11:56 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: I have one (DSX700T11) and it works fine with SleepyHead.

Thank you for your post Walla Walla.  Can you import data from your SD card into EncoePro 2?

mraroid
Post Reply Post Reply
The DreamStation Auto BiPap I did have recently, worked fine with SleepyHead. Not sure about interaction with Encore Pro2.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes but it loads a lot slower on EncorePro. You'd think the company that made both would have made a faster upload.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
EncorePro has no advantage over EncoreBasic for a single user. And any flavor of Encore is very poor compared to SleepyHead. In my opinion there are only two reasons to use it (or ResScan for the ResMed machines, even though it is much better than Encore it still pales by comparison to SleepyHead):

1. You want to double-check something that SleepyHead is reporting because it somehow seems suspicious or is somehow especially important.

2. You want to share something with a medical provider, and they trust the official software over the unofficial SleepyHead.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 183 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 12 370 04-16-2024, 06:12 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Do I need to tweak my numbers dharris01 6 203 04-15-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dharris01
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 191 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 402 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 646 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Central Sleep Apnea AHI numbers too high chathamite 12 1,077 11-19-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.