Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI of 10 last night. Worst night of sleep since I got the CPAP
RE: AHI of 10 last night. Worst night of sleep since I got the CPAP
(04-26-2013, 08:06 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: When I got my Wisp, I chose the silicon frame because it doesn't move out of place as easily.

When the headgear on my first Wisp broke I contacted my DME (where I bought it). They called Respironics who told them that there had been issues with the early headgears and to just give me a new one. They did, but a month later it broke too. (There is an engineer somewhere who I hope is looking for work.)

So I called the DME and they confirmed that all they had were the original issue, so no point in replacing again. They wanted to wait until they could get replacement headgears from Respironics. At that point I brought up the silicone headgear that I had heard of here. They were not aware of the silicone headgear yet, but promised to get one for me.

That was three weeks ago. In the meantime my headgear (held together by the outer fabric) broke in another place. So last Wednesday I called the respiratory therapist to remind them that I am still waiting for the silicone headgear and to explain that my headgear was headed for the big headgear heaven in the sky real soon now. Unfortunately, the respiratory therapist was out and I had to leave a voicemail. And he hasn't returned the call yet.

I see that silicone headgear is available online for ~$35. I would just buy it and be done with it, but I want Respironics to have to replace my headgear at no charge. They must suffer for their bad engineering. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI of 10 last night. Worst night of sleep since I got the CPAP
Yeah, they've got some work to do, that's for sure and I agree, Respironics should make it right. Hopefully, if you ever get it straightened out, it will work better for you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 5 110 5 hours ago
Last Post: Valtor
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 188 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 234 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 161 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 145 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 65 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 206 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.