Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI of over 20, but no large leaks: what's going on??
RE: AHI of over 20, but no large leaks: what's going on??
I am suspicious that the machine is no longer functioning properly.

Can you make an appointment with a sleep clinic that can evaluate your data and check your machine.

This is definitely a situation where you want to consult with qualified professionals.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
the machine is set at 10/6, it's not able to do anything else, the pressure graph shows that it's doing 10/6, what do you believe is it's failure?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-06-2014, 08:25 PM)Sleepster Wrote: I am suspicious that the machine is no longer functioning properly.

Can you make an appointment with a sleep clinic that can evaluate your data and check your machine.

This is definitely a situation where you want to consult with qualified professionals.

Yes, having a DME provider check the machine right away may save time, since the doctor might also want to have that done.

(Personally, I do not see anything in the data which suggests to me that the machine is not functioning as designed.)

Has the air filter been replaced since April? (I change my filter monthly, but I use the hypoallergenic filter which needs to be changed more often than the standard S9 air filter which ResMed says should be changed at least every 6 months.)

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's the sudden change in long-term trends. It's working well consistently for months. Then one day it stops working well and continues not working well for weeks.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 0 1 4 minutes ago
Last Post: NogginOff
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 285 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 140 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 154 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 497 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 161 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.