Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI on the rise?
AHI on the rise?
My AHI has suddenly taken a turn for the worse for an unknown reason... For several years it has been kept under 5, but for the past month it goes up and down? I've changed my auto set from 12/16.4 to 14/18, but I'm still getting readings from 4 to 11 on my AHI... Any thoughts here on what types of things may be influencing factors?Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI on the rise?
Post some data or at least provide a breakdown of the AHI OA, CA, H.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-24-2016, 09:43 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Post some data or at least provide a breakdown of the AHI OA, CA, H.

The figures I posted demonstrates that my AHI suddenly increased, (more than doubled), and are generally staying high despite my jacking up the pressure... my question is what would cause this? In other words my cpap number (around 16) hadn't changed for several years (2009), but all of a sudden my apnea has gotten worse... (change occurred around the middle of November)
Post Reply Post Reply
Shamus54,
You are raising your pressure without knowing the reason for the increase or what the breakdown of your AHI is. You may be experiencing Clear Airway events, and by raising the pressure, you may be causing that to increase.

There could be any number of reasons for an increase in AHI, but would be hard for us to advise without seeing some data.

Download #SleepyHead software and post a couple screenshots.
See tutoritals and how to post. (Helpful Links)
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-24-2016, 11:58 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Shamus54,
You are raising your pressure without knowing the reason for the increase or what the breakdown of your AHI is. You may be experiencing Clear Airway events, and by raising the pressure, you may be causing that to increase.

There could be any number of reasons for an increase in AHI, but would be hard for us to advise without seeing some data.

Download [url=http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./]SleepyHead[/url] software and post a couple screenshots.
See tutoritals and how to post. (Helpful Links)

Actually my sleep doctor, (ENT), told me to increase the pressure after looking at the detailed report data from my download... Personally I think my normal AHI was higher than indicated on the download, and the change was actually caused by tightening up my mask? (Leaks went down at same time AHI went up)

Could stopping the mask leaks cause the machine to see apneas better?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm getting my daily AHI figure directly from my machine every morning after turning it off... (s9 info button)
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-24-2016, 12:20 PM)Shamus54 Wrote: Could stopping the mask leaks cause the machine to see apneas better?

Yes, definetly!

If you experience high leaks throughout the night, the machine may be unable to accurately flag events, hence, the low AHI.

The above is a good reason to look at your data in #SleepyHead.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-24-2016, 12:30 PM)OpalRose Wrote:
(12-24-2016, 12:20 PM)Shamus54 Wrote: Could stopping the mask leaks cause the machine to see apneas better?

Yes, definetly!

If you experience high leaks throughout the night, the machine may be unable to accurately flag events, hence, the low AHI.

The above is a good reason to look at your data in [url=http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./]SleepyHead[/url].

I have Windows 10... Is your link here to the latest version of sleephead?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it should work fine, just follow directions.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Try here (sig)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do mask types affect xpaps rise in eye pressure? Happyeyes 4 363 01-12-2024, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Rise in CA events and CSR GrandCentral 13 721 01-09-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Understanding rise in AHI PedroT 17 815 12-30-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: PedroT
  New Full Face Mask- Flow and Pressure Rise acruisertoo 8 807 08-06-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: acruisertoo
  [Symptoms] Central Apneas rise out of nowhere Andrewc88 7 1,145 06-27-2023, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote
  Aircurve 10 VAUTO - missing Ti MAX/Min,Trigger, Rise time? sleep2023 9 1,016 06-26-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: sleep2023
  [Equipment] AHI on the rise - until I disconnected humidifier! kbauhs 0 585 08-04-2021, 02:27 AM
Last Post: kbauhs

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.