Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI over 12 around 3 am
AHI over 12 around 3 am
Seems like every night my AHI peaks at about 3 am. I see a few leaks that I'm trying to address with a new mask (maybe the Wisp). But I'm just using a fixed pressure and I'm thinking I should go auto since my machine can do that. I'm going to wait until after my first compliance check next week. How should I set the range on the Autoset?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI over 12 around 3 am
Before changing pressures, try back packing. (notebook backpack stuffed with 3 tubes of tennis balls)
If you eliminate being able to roll over on your back, you might not need higher pressures.

Wink
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Right now the only way I can sleep with a mask on is on my back. Any time I go on my side, the nasal pillows start coming off and I get big leaks. Hopefully if I can try a new mask I might be able to get some side sleep. I am still almost exclusively a back sleeper - side sleeping is to just mix it up a little.
Post Reply Post Reply
Laser, if you have a auto machine I would certainly use it not only for better treatment but for comfort. That way you don't have the consistent pressure. I would wait for your consultation till you start adjusting pressures and ask why they didn't have you on variable pressures from the start.
Post Reply Post Reply
I insisted on the Autoset after reading everything here on the board. They tried to push an Escape off on me. I wouldn't have known better without the help of you guys. Just the ability to monitor everything has been helpful to me so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, nail down those leaks first. They keep the pressure from doing the job.

Wink
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.