Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI over 34 mostly obstructive
RE: AHI over 34 mostly obstructive
As far as me being able to tell when the EPR was off, it seemed I was fighting an uphill battle when exhaling. It seemed to have a negative effect on the centrals.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Has the details of your diagnosic been discussed or displayed here? Lots of CA to go with the Obstructive events. It would be very helpful to see the event count and type to see what you're dealing with.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had 84 obstructive last night, down from 127 the night before. I had 54 Central events, last night, up slightly from night before.
Post Reply Post Reply
FYI per post #1 Salty has CHF.

Salty, CHF is associated with central Apneas in the form of CSR / Cheyne Stokes Respiration.
CSR is gradually waxing and waning breathing with a central Apnea frequently between the nodes. There is also a duration requirement for diagnosis. This type of breathing is CO2 driven as CO2 being above the apneic threshold. The breathing difficulties often associated with CHF can bring on this form of breathing.

To evaluate for this pattern we need you to zoom in on a cluster of Centrals by clicking on them until the flow rate shows a 10 minute period so we can discern the pattern if any.
Post Reply Post Reply
Read this. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._.28CSR.29
Post Reply Post Reply
OK copy from my side, CHF is going to make this a bit more than a vanilla treatment.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Salty, CHF is associated with central Apneas in the form of CSR / Cheyne Stokes Respiration.
CSR is gradually waxing and waning breathing with a central Apnea frequently between the nodes.  There is also a duration requirement for diagnosis.  This type of breathing is CO2 driven as CO2 being above the apneic threshold.  The breathing difficulties often associated with CHF can bring on this form of breathing.

To evaluate for this pattern we need you to zoom in on a cluster of Centrals by clicking on them until the flow rate shows a 10 minute period so we can discern the pattern if any.

Thanks for your information, and help. This is last night's, Wednesday.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, we are not, no way, going to manage your CA events on this machine. We may be able to slightly improve them but that is all.
Do you have a pulmonologist? If not I'd consider getting one that is familiar with CHF and CSR.
I'll call this borderline CSR. In your case, having been diagnosed with CHF, we will be very cautious.

CALL your doctors, that is Cardiac, Breathing/Pulmonologist, keep, and PCP today and say your CPAP machine is showing about 30 minutes of a CSR pattern and you cannot eliminate it.
ASK if you should go on ASV (you don't want to tell them, just put the idea in their head). You can say you heard that ASV is the best treatment for these central apneas, IS THAT TRUE. You are asking for their advice at this time. Ask if you need a LVEF test (Left Ventrical Ejection Factor) you most likely do at this time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a 20% heart function right now, down from 40% in December. It is the right side preventing me from having a pacemaker, because of a 100% blockage that cannot be fixed where the pacemaker lead would go. As you can tell, I am fighting to live as long as I can, with a bad prognosis. I will talk to my primary care doc, as he can help direct me to anyone willing to consider accepting data from Oscar, hopefully without another stupid sleep study where they hook you up like a stereo in a strange room with a camera, and tell you to just sleep normally......
Post Reply Post Reply
Best wishes on this therapy salty

An ASV can do this IF the doctors do their job. ASV does stand for adaptive servo ventilator so it's at the top of the PAP heap.

We'll help you be as informed as possible. Keep asking the questions and keep fighting.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 773 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps
  New User: Obstructive Events Gone but Central Events appearing. bopbop 0 213 02-13-2024, 08:44 PM
Last Post: bopbop
  ResMed Airsense 11 - Central vs. Obstructive FlowRider 7 939 12-22-2023, 12:24 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Mask pressure wave form with obstructive events jaredihnen 6 448 12-07-2023, 04:10 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Are these actual obstructive apnea events? SleepyMcDonald 6 588 11-25-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP sticks on higher pressure after Obstructive Apnea event AlanR 3 461 11-12-2023, 12:19 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.