Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI problem
RE: AHI problem
Back up rate is set for Auto.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also forgot to update settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, okay. Previously you had indicated off or zero.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you check, my machine is set for Pmax 14, APAPmax 11, APAPmin 9. PAmax 4, PSmin 0, BPM Auto. Last night with theses settings my AHI was between 1.3 and 3.5 for the whole night of 7.5 hrs.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2017, 09:02 AM)RLSdss Wrote: If you check, my machine is set for Pmax 14, APAPmax 11, APAPmin 9. PAmax 4, PSmin 0, BPM Auto. Last night with theses settings my AHI was between 1.3 and 3.5 for the whole night of 7.5 hrs.

Some of your terminology is a bit confusing to me:
Pmax  14 (maximum pressure or IPAP max)
APAP max 11 (EPAP max maximum expiratory pressure?)
APAPmin 9 (EPAP min minimum expiratorypressure?)
PAmax  4 (PSmax?)
PSmin 0

If my understanding is correct, your minimum pressure is 9/9 (PS 0 over 9 EPAP).
Your EPAP may rise to 13/9 to 14/11 (PS 0-4 over 14/11 pressure where IPAP max is limited.  
If you have a central apnea, you will need at least 8-10 cm of pressure to cause a breath, so at no time are you getting the benefit of ASV pressure support because it is limited by PSmax and IPAPmax or Pmax.  To let your machine actually help you, you need a PS max of 10 to 12, not 4.0, and a Pmax (IPAPmax) of 21.0, which is 10-cm above your EPAP max.  What you are currently getting is like a BiPAP Auto with very limited pressure support. Although you have a backup rate enabled, the most it is able to provide as inspiratory assist is 3-4 cm of pressure support.

For ASV you need:
EPAP min 9.0
EPAP max 11.0
PS min 0
PS max 10
IPAP max (Pmax) 21.0
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I meant epap and that is what is on my side bar. If I change to the settings you recommend what would you expect my AHI to be? I'm currently getting an AHI of 1.3 to 3.4.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK I'm trying to follow this. I went back to another thread and you said you were misdiagnosed with Central's and that they were going to put you on a Auto Bipap. Now your asking about settings for the ASV and it sounds like you do get Centrals. Can you please clear up my confusion?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2017, 09:41 AM)RLSdss Wrote: I meant epap and that is what is on my side bar. If I change to the settings you recommend what would you expect my AHI to be? I'm currently getting an AHI of 1.3 to 3.4.

Your AHI is in an acceptable range and we don't know if those events are obstructive, or CA and H which would be targeted by ASV.  Your objectives for the therapy and sense of well-being are yours to define.  If you want to try the full functionality of ASV, then the settings above would work; otherwise, you are using auto-bilevel.  ASV can provide benefits beyond AHI reduction, but since you can't post the data, it's very hard for us to judge.  Hopefully you got copies of your sleep test and have a good sense of why ASV was prescribed, or the reasons it is not needed. At the current settings, you have not experienced ASV.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,577 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,335 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,475 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 333 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 552 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 393 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.