Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI question
RE: AHI question
(03-24-2013, 02:26 PM)GrammaBear Wrote: Lately I've noticed my AHI reading in the morning can be .5 one night, 1.3 the next night and 2.5 yet another night. I have noticed the reading seems to be higher when I wake up in the morning and realize I've been sleeping on my back.

I too have a higher AHI, ...... and more low Sp02 events when sleeping on my back. Unsure

Early on, I made a sleep shirt, it had a pocket in the back and I stuffed cut up "foam noodles" the kids play with. I could remove the "foam noodles and wash the shirt.

It definately worked; However it made turning over in the night a real chore.Sad

It might be worth a try if you sew. Cool

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2013, 06:36 PM)JJJ Wrote: I'm 69 and I just finished a master's degree. Summa cum laude, even.

Congratulations! Dancing

In your avatar photo you look so much younger. Too-funny
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2013, 02:26 PM)GrammaBear Wrote: Is there any particular reason (s) why my AHI changes from one night to the next?

Nope. That's just the way it is. It's like asking why the weather changes so much from day to day.

Sleeping on your back will tend to increase the number of hypopneas and obstructive apneas because of the action of gravity on the throat's anatomy.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You all have posted such helpful information Smile I'm glad I came here to find answers instead of calling the Pulmunary Doctor. I agree that 'old dogs' can learn new things. Congratulations to the gentleman who earned a Master's Degree - no easy feat I am told.

Last night my AHI was 0.0............go figure Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,425 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.