Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI question
AHI question
Is there any particular reason (s) why my AHI changes from one night to the next? I've used CPAP for almost 3 years and been really lucky I guess to have a AHI under 5. I am 100% compliant and I use the S9 machine with Swift FX for Her.

Lately I've noticed my AHI reading in the morning can be .5 one night, 1.3 the next night and 2.5 yet another night. I have noticed the reading seems to be higher when I wake up in the morning and realize I've been sleeping on my back. Normally I am a side sleper. I try and remember to change the nasal pillows every 2 weeks as that was the suggestion of the RT I saw when I changed DME providers.

Thank You for any suggestions or advice you may offer. I don't have any software to learn whether I had major mask leaks. I downloaded the software from this forum, but had trouble with trying to get my computer to work right with it. I am technically challenged as well, so probably that does not help solve my problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI question
If I can use the software, anyone can. What software you've downloaded ... Its that simple
Resscan windows based and don,t work with Mac computers
SleepyHead works with both windows and Mac computers
Without the software, we've no way of knowing when apnea events occurred during the night like as you,re trying to fall asleep or if some in clusters or duration of each event in seconds plus other statistics and detailed data graphs
Your machine LCD sleep report shows 95% leak (unintentional leak), 95% pressure, AHI including total AI and central AI
[95% means you've been at or below that number for 95% of the time]

Tennis ball in a sock sewn on back of pyjama tops would help avoid rolling on your back

Post Reply Post Reply
Each night is different. What we ate, drank, how we felt, stress levels, medications, lack of medications, pain levels...you get the idea. There's a lot of variables that go into a good night's sleep (or a bad one).

If this variation is sudden, take a look at what has changed. What is new or different from before?

I recently started a new medication and my AHI, which used to be fairly a predictable range, now is all over the place. Still less than 5, but the swings are odd. I am considering changing that medication to something else.

So look at what is new or different and see if you can find anything.

The other thing is it has been 3 years. You have an Autoset so that's good. Are you hitting the max pressure more often?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Zonk - My younger son calls me "technically challenged" because everytime he comes to visit, I have a 'list' of computer problems for him to either fix or explain. I will try downloading the software again after I remove my previous effort. Thank You.

Paul - I recently quit one BP medicine and started another, so maybe that helps explain the 'all-over' readings that I see each morning. I also had about 10 days of that virus that is going around and just ached all over. As for reaching max pressure, about a month ago the RT told me my most consistent readings indicate I am often at 11. She set my range between 10 - 18. Good Luck on finding a solution to your problem as well Thank You for your suggestions too.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2013, 04:04 PM)GrammaBear Wrote: Zonk - My younger son calls me "technically challenged" because everytime he comes to visit, I have a 'list' of computer problems for him to either fix or explain.
Me too. My son does it all and showed me how to use it
Who said, cannot teach an old dog new tricks Too-funny

Post Reply Post Reply
Just remember when you are doing the install DO NOT install any of the drivers suggested!!!!!
Okay
Post Reply Post Reply
Zonk - My son shows me 'once' and expects that I will remember it whenever that situation arises again. Just wait until he gets older and finds out that it sometimes takes older 'dogs' longer to learn something Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd give the new medication a few weeks to settle and for you to get over the illness.

BUT it is good that you watch your data and can tell when something is different!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, GrammaBear, this old dog has learned plenty of new tricks so don't let anyone tell you that it can't be done!

Cheers & Good Luck! =^.^=
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2013, 04:52 PM)GrammaBear Wrote: Just wait until he gets older and finds out that it sometimes takes older 'dogs' longer to learn something Smile

I don't believe it. I'm 69 and I just finished a master's degree. Summa cum laude, even. My university allows seniors to take classes for free, and I can assure you that seniors abound on campus. As long as my CPAP machine keeps me sleeping well I intend to continue learning.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,423 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.