Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI still 6~10 after 2 wks. Advice needed
RE: AHI still 6~10 after 2 wks. Advice needed
EPAP is the expiration pressure. Changing your flex setting up or down or off changes this.
Post Reply Post Reply
Raised the min. pressure to 7cm as suggested by members since last post. AHI reduced to 4~6.5 for last week from 6~10. I also removed the humilifer for the last three days since our city is rather humid and I felt more comfortable without it. The flex is set to 2 and auto. Ramp off.

However AHI went back to 7.38 with 20 hypo and 24 obstructives. I felt my nostril sored at 1:45am and took the mask off for 45 mins and put in back. There were another two clusters of event thereafter. Periodic breathing happened for most of the time for the last few week.

Please help to see if anything can be done.

http://imgur.com/a/QCKSY

Post Reply Post Reply
Your 95% pressure is running at 12. With a minimum pressure setting of 7which goes down to 5.2 with EPR you are not giving the Dreamstation a chance to catch up with events as quickly as it should. You didn't hit your max of 13 so it looks like your max pressure is good. Try your min pressure at 9.0 and see what happens.

I use a slightly different approach. Usually I am under 13 for the 95% but have the max set at 15 for those events that just take off. I also have my minimum set at 11 which will drop to 9 with an EPR setting of two. 13 is the benchmark for me as that was the recommendation for fixed pressure after my sleep study. It looks like it was not far off the mark. The interesting thing is that you seem to have very similar pressure requirements to me so maybe my settings might possibly help you...then again... we are all different

Don't despair, my first month of therapy saw AHIs of 9 to 30. As I adjusted to the treatment and made adjustments based on the great advice from this board I have not gone over an AHI of 5 for months now and usually fluctuate between less than 1 and less than 2.
Post Reply Post Reply
Holden4th, thanks. I shall try that tonight. May be also setting flex down to 1.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2016, 04:56 AM)jm54 Wrote: Holden4th, thanks. I shall try that tonight. May be also setting flex down to 1.

The pressure differential that the flex setting provides may be contributing to your episodes of periodic breathing. Reducing the flex setting should reduce the periodic breathing.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 169 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 138 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Chart help needed SteveC 4 173 04-07-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,446 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 353 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help needed how to use cpap on a plane June11 3 174 04-02-2024, 11:09 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 325 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.