Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI suddenly increased
RE: AHI suddenly increased
Are you using EPR?  If not I would try EPR=3 and min=8 for tonight and post tomorrow.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Stacy, I just saw your message about changing settings.  Yes, I do use EPR and it is set at 2. I do need to change my minimum.  I will do that tonight.  I believe I have tried EPR at 3 and it did better at 2.  I will consider it.

Anyway, last night was pretty good.  At least not as many CAs.

I've attached files.  I'm having to run my laptop in safety mode, so it won't let me attached but one screenshot at a time, so scroll down and there will be more.

Thank you and Happy Memorial Day!!!  It's a beautiful day here in Georgia!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
Another screen shot

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
Another screenshot

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
How are you feeling in yourself? I think that's probably the bigger question right now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for asking.  Some days, I am more tired than others, but overall I guess I feel ok.  It seems to have level off back to where it was.  I had not been checking it on Oscar...just got busy, and thought if the AHI was low it wouldn't check it.

But now that I had that high day, I've started checking it again.  Last night my AHI was 1.something, but I had 13 CA's.  Should that be concerning??

Heres the chart.

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
Another chart.

Thanks   
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't look at counts, look at the AHI as that is count per hour
you CAI is 1.32, that is what your count of 17 equates to. Because it is increased it does bear a watch. Your overall is under 2 which is excellent.
Post Reply Post Reply
What Gideon says. The raw number isn't as useful as the AHI and distribution. 8 CAs over half an hour is obviously more of a problem than 8 over a whole night, etc. And sometimes, when events cluster, that can suggest other issues, depending on the events etc.

If you zoom in on them and see a number of deeper, faster breaths before the central (so bigger spikes closer together) then it may simply be a response to your stirring and taking a deep breath and not needing to breathe for a little longer than usual. If they're relatively few and short, and not making you feel cruddy, then it's not a huge issue.

I think, if you're feeling about the same as you were before, then I would just see how it goes. Maybe keep a check on it in OSCAR and make sure it's not trending upwards, and if you're starting to feel worse, or there are more days with increase centrals than usual, then obviously that's worth keeping a closer eye on and seeing if that can be mitigated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your CPAP use seems to run 10 to 12 hours per night, which is a lot. I suspect some of the CA is simply the time you're not fully asleep. Overall, I think your therapy looks pretty good. If I was looking for something to change, it would be a minor increase in minimum pressure to 7.0 to reduce the fluctuations in pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 2,121 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 347 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  [CPAP] Suddenly air feels too dry.. outasleep 2 315 01-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Health] AHI Increased - Covid Positive amfar33 2 445 12-27-2023, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Central Hypopneas suddenly! Kingsway 4 545 11-19-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Increased Anxiety/Irritability after Starting CPAP? gohoos1998 0 434 11-17-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: gohoos1998
  [CPAP] AHI Suddenly Getting Worse bwor80 1 457 10-23-2023, 09:40 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.