Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: BMC iVolve Resmed Mirage FX
Humidifier: BMC - Resmed
CPAP Pressure: 8.6 - 12
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

AHI sweet spot
Now I do realise Sleep Apnea and AHI values are not a school yard contest and are serious health issues. So that said can you say for certain if you have a "best" set of figures that directly translates into a I'm on top of the world as opposed to the world is on top of me?

Is your best day necessarily a low AHI day? Can you quantify the difference between a very low AHI and one between say 3 - 5. How would you or can you describe the actual differences? For me I "think" my sweet spot is between .5 and 1.5 with little overall difference in my day regardless of .5 or 1.5.
06-20-2013 08:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

RE: AHI sweet spot
(06-20-2013 08:42 PM)SleepinginAdelaide Wrote:  Is your best day necessarily a low AHI day?
No ... quality of sleep and sleeping over 7 hours matter most for me otherwise makes zonk grumpier old man Too-funny
Might also add, good sleep can translate to good AHI too, so both are connected in some way
06-20-2013 09:38 PM
RonWessels Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: REMstar Auto AFlex DS560TS
Mask Make & Model: ComfortGel Blue
Humidifier: REMstar Heated Tube DS6T
CPAP Pressure: 11 - 20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: CMS50F Pulse Oximeter

RE: AHI sweet spot
You also have to be very careful about where you get your AHI value from. The standard overall average given in the info screen or even as calculated by SleepyHead et al also include times when you are awake and actively controlling your breathing. I have discovered that, as I first prepare to fall asleep, I futz about with my pillows for a while, and while doing so, end up holding my breath for significant periods. Of course, my CPAP machine interprets this as an apnea event, so I get an artificially high value. In addition, if I happen to roll over on my back, my CPAP pressure is insufficient to overcome the OSA, so I start getting no end of apnea events, and eventually waking up. If I just look at the summary, I can get an artificially high AHI value, even though almost all the events happened in the last half hour. Only by looking at the entire data stream does it become obvious that most of the night was apnea-free.
06-21-2013 04:00 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Managing the Sweet Spot 0rangebear 8 598 04-12-2016 01:47 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [CPAP] Sweet morning smell..... H2Daddy 8 2,213 03-20-2015 11:59 AM
Last Post: truetopath
  AirSense 10 water tubs, spot the difference zonk 3 1,903 01-21-2015 08:26 PM
Last Post: TheOldMan
  [News] Sleep apnea a sweet spot for innovation? Dreamcatcher 5 2,655 07-29-2012 07:59 PM
Last Post: JJJ