Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dizziness with BiPAP
Gross 
Dizziness with BiPAP
Hello everyone,first time here.i have been using bi pap for almost 3 years now .i have learned to get use to it and use it every night.lately i have been getting extreme dry mouth in the middle of the night .i have vertigo but also i have been feeling feeling real dizzy,unsteady gait when walking and pressure in the head and ears.it very anonnying.when i use the machine.i can feel pressure in my ears and makes funny noise.i am planning on stopping using it for a few to see it it helps.anyone has suggestion
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Blowing air from mouth
Hi Rich, welcome to Apnea Board. I split your post into it's own thread because it's a different issue that the thread you posted in.

If you've been on Bi-PAP for 3 years already with no such symptoms, it's probably a good guess that this condition was not initially caused by your BiPAP. It's likely caused by other issues and perhaps exacerbated by the higher pressures of the BiPAP.

You might have an inner ear infection - or possibly allergic reactions... it is springtime here in the U.S. - a lot of pollen out there causing respiratory issues. These can cause vertigo.

I'd check with a doctor on this... it could be something completely unrelated to BiPAP.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dizziness with BiPAP
An interesting one to add to the list of possibilities, although maybe really rare (?): cerebrospinal fluid leak

I was reading the clinician manual for my machine and it's listed as one of the contraindications for use. A quick google search confirms dizziness as a symptom.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 247 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Dizziness and ear pressure/fullness after using cpap dizzy1 0 181 02-10-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: dizzy1
  [Treatment] Low AHI but dizziness and fatigue with spikes of low O2 levels John94 8 1,106 01-01-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: PamVT41
  bipap Innisfree 2 420 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help with bipap Al N 7 697 09-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Al N
  [CPAP] CA Events and Morning Dizziness gold3n 3 452 09-12-2023, 01:15 PM
Last Post: gold3n
  [Health] Dizziness and high blood pressure Okbutton 2 518 06-13-2023, 08:58 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.