Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI tripled for no apparent reason, sleepinez and headaches are back
Thumbsdown 
AHI tripled for no apparent reason, sleepinez and headaches are back
After getting my cpap it went down yo 3.5-7 AHI, all of a sudden after 3 weeks im at 14.5 ahi, i tried all my tricks, going to bed early, not eating late, moving my pressure back and fort, sleeping sitting down, on a side...

Cant get it back down.. I did had some arguments at the house the maybe drained me physocologically...

Again I feel sleepy, not concentrating, irritable, headaches.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI tripled for no apparent reason, sleepinez and headaches are back
I see you're using SleepyHead. What is it reporting?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
yesterday over 14.0 today over 10.0

i got almost no os
a ton of hypos
a few clear airway
no mask leaks
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are the screenshots, today i took a power nap of one hour and it went down, the night before yesterday I dotn even remember taking my mask off in the middle of the night, I had to put it back on at 4:00 am

[Image: beforeyesterday.jpg]

[Image: today.jpg]

[Image: yesterday.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm going to guess that you haven't been sleeping well at all. There is no doubt that emotional conflict has a major impact on ones ability to sleep. I think it's showing up in your graphs. I suggest that you may be being affected by something of that nature and when you satisfactorily resolve that issue, all else will return to normal. JMHO

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
For the most part, the events are obstructive, and they begin while your machine is at 6.0 pressure, and the machine never catches up. Abundant snores, hypopnea and OA, and once the machine finally reaches 10 cm, the OA gives way to CA (2/23). Again on 2/25 short session, you're doing just fine until your machine drops to 6.0 at 16:50, and you end up in obstructive events that make this short session unacceptable. The 2/24 session is loaded with obstructive hypopnea while machine pressure is low and CA when pressures are near their peak.

You need to calm all this down by raising your minimum pressure. By getting ahead of obstructive events, you may avoid the machine fluctuations that seem to result in CA. I would not suggest lowering the max APAP pressure. From what I see, I'd try 7.5 as a minimum, and observe for a few days.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My prescription is 5-10, I kicked it up to 6, Ill try 7.5-10 tonight and post the results tomorrow, thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Let us know how it works out. Overall, your results aren't terrible, but there is room for improvement. It looks like some of it is a matter of adapting. The reduced range should help in this case. Good luck.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok here are my results of the 7.5 increase.

The AHI went down to 5, I have to mention as you can see it shows a short nap i took with minimum of 6 and then the sleep overnight at 7.5.

Today I will have the reading of stricktly 7.5 minimum and see what that results to.

This may have done the trick, ill post the results tomorrow.

[Image: today.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks better, but still a lot of hypopnea. You improved flow limitation and OA. It's best to let this change settle in before making further changes, but the residual events still look obstructive for the most part. What is your A-Flex setting?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,958 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 517 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 930 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 398 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 293 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 541 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross [Symptoms] Persistent headaches, nothing seems to fix haikuclue 16 726 02-14-2024, 08:09 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.