Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI under 1
RE: AHI under 1
5AmazingDreamingGood-work5
(04-25-2016, 04:38 PM)GingerMan512 Wrote: After 9 months I had my first 0 AHI night last week.

Way-to-happyBed:BananaCongratsWell-done
2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2016, 06:19 PM)PaytonA Wrote:
(04-24-2016, 02:12 PM)0rangebear Wrote:

I do feel that AHI=0 should not be the target for therapy but that does not mean that it is always bogus.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
To put his statement in in context we are talking about the AHI average for a month, not an individual sleep sessions or nights. He gave me numerous clinical study references that document everyone who has been tested in a clinical setting has some degree of apnea.

Therefore if your getting a reading of 0.0 for an entire month there is a very high probability that you machine is not detecting your apneas. So his position is to have people bring the their machine into his office so he verify the 0.0 readings.
2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
True statement! Thumbs-up-2

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
My question about AHI under 1 is this: if I feel fine during the day and my AHI is consistently under 1, do I even need CPAP anymore?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your AHI is low, *because* you're using CPAP ... "With my new glasses I now can read everything. Do I need them further?"
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.