Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI up and energy levels down after septoplasty
AHI up and energy levels down after septoplasty
[attachment=42413][attachment=42410][attachment=42410]I had a septoplasty last month (4/22). I turned my min and max pressures way down (6-9?) after the surgery because anything higher made me cough. I've been slowly turning the pressure up, and am now back at my pre-septoplasty pressure range. However, my numbers are higher than they were pre-septoplaty (.5-2.5 AHI). I'm exhausted. I know that an AHI of five is considered 'normal,' but it barely makes a dent in my quality of life. It's almost not worth wearing the CPAP with this AHI. 

I was initially given a 'mild' diagnosis of 6.5, but even at this 'mild' level my fatigue, irritability, and depression were intolerable. I began feeling better with CPAP, but I'm afraid that those small gains are slipping away. Can anyone give me more insight into my numbers? 

I apologize if I've left anything out, this is my first post. Thank you.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI up and energy levels down after septoplasty
I forgot, here is my sleep study report: 

Post Reply Post Reply
You only had your septoplasty a month ago? It was a good 3-4 months before I felt I was healed up from mine. Give yourself some time to mend and recover. It might be a little soon to be subjecting those tissues to cpap pressures.

Septoplasty is so miraculous, I can BREATHE now!!

Hang in there!  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I appreciate your perspective. Thank you so much for posting!
Post Reply Post Reply
I was wondering how you’re going with this now it’s been a little bit since your post..? I haven’t been long on this forum site, however I wondered if you have heard about oral PAP masks..? There’s one made by F&P that I’ve used for a little bit when unable to breathe through my nose, and it did the job Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Pressure] Using BiPap Resmed Aircurve 10, still exhausted, good O2 Levels LordofKings 14 372 04-02-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: LordofKings
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,912 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 802 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 703 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Nasal Breathing / Septoplasty questions Ptee8899 7 453 02-13-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  CPAP issues after tonsillectomy + septoplasty bloom25 14 1,396 01-31-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: bloom25
  Low O2 Levels During Sleep with Low AHI cmpman1974 60 5,266 01-01-2024, 09:24 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.