Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI up on Dreamwear mask
AHI up on Dreamwear mask
I am trying the Dreamwear mask and the 2 nights I have tried it my AHI has gone up from an average of 2.0 to 4.9 which is the highest i've had since on bpap. Has anyone else had this problem. I do have to adjust it under my nose, this usually happens early morning before I wake. 
   I do like the way it is made with the hose on top of head. I toss and turn a lot and that helps from getting tangled up in hose. I feel like I have it tight enough. 

Thanks, 
Sleepyv
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI up on Dreamwear mask
Yes mamm. Same thing with mine. Went from Eson, to Dreamwear.
Ahi was 1 or under consistently with Eson.
Dreamwear in a few nights use I went up to ahi 2 or better. And some PB.

Still use it some but going to nuance on my next replacement.
If that doesn't work well I'll just go back on the Eson and stay there.
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't used the Dreamwear but I did find my AHI went up just a little changing between various masks. A minor upwards adjustment to the minimum pressure fixed it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the reverse effect going from the Amara View to the Dreamwear mask. My AHI dropped immediately from an average of 3 to under 1. Of course this was a change in type mask going from a FFM to a nasal mask which might have been a factor in the change.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Sleepyv, just wondering if you changed the setting on your machine from nasal pillows, to nasal mask as the dreamwear I believe is not considered nasal pillows.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2017, 04:49 PM)cate1898 Wrote: Hey Sleepyv, just wondering if you changed the setting on your machine from nasal pillows, to nasal mask as the dreamwear I believe is not considered nasal pillows.
No cate1898 I have not changed setting. I don't know how to do that. Didn't know I could. I would love to know how.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know if your machine has EPR setting, but that would need to be changed as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyv,
Order the Clinicians Manual for your machine.  That will explain how to change pressure and other settings.

http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2017, 06:41 PM)Sleepyv Wrote:
(01-22-2017, 04:49 PM)cate1898 Wrote: Hey Sleepyv, just wondering if you changed the setting on your machine from nasal pillows, to nasal mask as the dreamwear I believe is not considered nasal pillows.
No cate1898 I have not changed setting. I don't know how to do that. Didn't know I could. I would love to know how.

It's called mask resistance control, which can be found in the clinical menu.  It's a number from 0-5, and the dreamwear uses the X1 setting.  

Other resistance settings (for other PR masks) can  be found at http://incenter.medical.philips.com/docl...ernum%3d-2.

Non-PR masks should be set to X0.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2017, 07:17 PM)Cbarrios Wrote: I don't know if your machine has EPR setting, but that would need to be changed as well.

I don't see that under my settings.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamwear vs P30i Whacked 0 93 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Whacked
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 345 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 857 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 344 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Dreamwear/F30i Rebdr 1 528 11-03-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Phillips Dreamwear mask is whistling melody 2 610 09-26-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear pillow mask fit. frame too small? jerop 6 794 05-19-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: YipeekiOH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.