Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHIs all over
AHIs all over

Been 2 months now since starting CPAP.
Made lots of pressure adjustments and currently at 13-20
AHIs are crazy....lowest has been about 2.99 and high around 11
More over 5 then under.
IDK anymore but have a feeling youll suggest a collar......

HELP
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHIs all over
Do you have any sleep study data?
Based solely on this data, you still have too many OSA events at13-20.  Increase the minimum to 15 should help you. That may not be enough but give it a week before increasing to 16.
Post Reply Post Reply
How do you sleep? on back, on sides, or face down?

Your leaks are very high, I suspect on back. You either have to tighten lower straps to uncomfortably tight while awake, or get the c-collar. I have my ResMed air 10 on autostart (or whatever it is called) and I've had my machine stop twice during the night (which I like, because I normally sleep on side) when sleeping on back.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2018, 08:30 PM)mdhampton Wrote: How do you sleep? on back, on sides, or face down?

Your leaks are very high, I suspect on back. You either have to tighten lower straps to uncomfortably tight while awake, or get the c-collar. I have my ResMed air 10 on autostart (or whatever it is called) and I've had my machine stop twice during the night (which I like, because I normally sleep on side) when sleeping on back.

I'm a side sleeper. I thought my leaks were good.  My machine gives me 100% most nights. Last nights AHI was 3.91
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2018, 11:31 AM)Mttnkatt Wrote:
(05-21-2018, 08:30 PM)mdhampton Wrote: How do you sleep? on back, on sides, or face down?

I'm a side sleeper. I thought my leaks were good.  My machine gives me 100% most nights. Last nights AHI was 3.91

Your leaks are fine. There's no problem there.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 66 Yesterday, 01:25 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Newbie question about AHIs WonderBunny 2 474 07-08-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: WonderBunny
  [Treatment] Wide variation in AHIs during the night? gillesw 4 564 08-18-2022, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  Low AHIs, still wake up feeling awful with headaches suresk 4 1,186 05-06-2022, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  [CPAP] Help Needed - AHIs in the 60s-70s with super high Leak Rates ExitLightEnterNight 2 660 03-31-2022, 07:46 PM
  9 months in, starting to get tired again with good AHIs MF DOOM 1 659 06-11-2021, 07:18 AM
Last Post: MF DOOM
  Decent AHIs and feeling tired after 1.5 months of CPAP Therapy Michael.lee98120 3 769 06-07-2021, 03:38 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.