Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHIs
RE: AHIs
Robysue,
Thank you for your input. I really thought that is probably the case with the AHIs and leaks. And yes, my data is a mess! My sleep doctor doesn't seem to be concerned about anything (!) but the AHI number. We asked about the CA, OA and Hypopneas at my last appt, which was a couple of weeks ago and she was not interested in any data I had. My wife took our computer to show her the Sleepyhead data. The doctors here do not recognize Sleepyhead as something they can look at reliably but use the Encore program which, in my opinion, doesn't have much in the way of data.

OpalRose - Thank you as well. I agree about the mask leaks, and I hope someone else can help with settings too.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think your settings need to be opened up. Let the machine be able to work. A lot of times the ranges of pressure are limiting the capabilities of the machine.

My recomendations:

Max Pressure: 25
Min Epap: 8
Max Epap: 15
Min PS: 0 (you can keep it at 3 if you want)
Max PS: 15
Rate: Auto

try this for a week then post your download again. good luck...
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I will try that.  Thank you !  I will give it a week and see if I can remember how to post the data.  
Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2017, 09:24 AM)dmeRT Wrote: I think your settings need to be opened up.  Let the machine be able to work.  A lot of times the ranges of pressure are limiting the capabilities of the machine.

My recomendations:

Max Pressure:  25
Min Epap:  8
Max Epap:  15
Min PS:  0 (you can keep it at 3 if you want)
Max PS:  15
Rate:  Auto

try this for a week then post your download again.  good luck...

Ok, here we go again.  I think I did a better job of uploading screenshots this time - i think  Unsure  Here goes, with the changes that you recommended, with the past week's graphs.  

[Image: w5M5vp2.png]

[Image: EKLT4A9.png]
[Image: TRMPXGq.png]
[Image: sgQYHyZ.png]

[Image: gxbYges.png]

[Image: ZvMpwKh.png]

[Image: MRkDgqR.png]

[Image: 6F2Ihwf.png]

Well, i did it. Rolleyes  Let me know what you make of this data.  It looks to me that it has improved.  
Thank you in advance.  
Dreamless
Post Reply Post Reply
The centrals are being sorted. It's all OA/H. How that is normally titrated is to raise the EPAP, in the first instance, keeping the PS at min 3. What was the pressure you had on cpap?

the other thing is if you are tucking your chin to your chest and obstructing the airway, some find the soft foam, cervical collar helps
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with ajack. min epap needs to be raised. I'd raise the min epap to 10 and continue. if hypops continue to be high then up to 11, then 12. go slow from here...

try min epap at 10 for 2-3 days first.  Smile

your doing good.  just going to take some time
Post Reply Post Reply
Feel free to ask us in the forum for any questions you come across. Getting CPAP right is journey in and off itself and no one should have to do it alone.
Post Reply Post Reply
ajack - I've been on a bipap machine from the start due to the central apnea, but when I started on that 5 years ago, my doc had the pressures at 19/9 and max pressure at 25. I've had 5 sleep doctors and horrible sleep over those 5 years. I have no idea about the data from the beginning, my old bipap machine used one of those "credit card" type of cards. I don't know about tucking my chin... I'll look into that. 

dmeRT - Thank you. I will change that now to 10 and give it 3 nights and we'll go from there.

Javila - I'm glad this forum is here.  Everyone is very helpful. 

I really appreciate everyone's input! You all have already helped me more than my sleep doctors.  Thank you, thank you !!
Post Reply Post Reply
The reason I brought up chin tucking is because of the clusters. It just seems positional, the other reason can be sleeping on back?
A soft foam, cervical collar is $10. It's worth trying, if for no other reason that to cross it off the list of possibilities .. Most drug stores/chemists sell them, or from amazon

With the titration, they seem to keep increasing the epap till the OA and H clear (they advise different to bipap where when the OA are cleared, you increase the PS/IPAP to clear hypopnea)
page 41
https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...lo_eng.pdf
Obstructive events eliminated?
Any obstructive apneas, hypopneas or RERAs?
Increase EPAP by 1 cm H2O every 20 minutes until obstructive events are eliminated
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
ajack,
Thank you for your help.  A couple of things, I also wanted to let you know that I wear a chin strap because I'm a mouth breather. I get dry mouth quite easily wearing my bipap mask but sometimes at night I can't breathe through my nose (deviated septum, allergies ??) then I end up having a difficult night.  I also sleep on my back, I used to sleep on my side but always end up with large mask leaks.  The leaks are controlled better if I'm on my back. 
I'll take a look at that document (pg 41).  I'm not sure what RERAs are, will have to look into that as well.  
Dreamless
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 0 24 1 hour ago
Last Post: EntRESTo
  Newbie question about AHIs WonderBunny 2 472 07-08-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: WonderBunny
  [Treatment] Wide variation in AHIs during the night? gillesw 4 563 08-18-2022, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  Low AHIs, still wake up feeling awful with headaches suresk 4 1,186 05-06-2022, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  [CPAP] Help Needed - AHIs in the 60s-70s with super high Leak Rates ExitLightEnterNight 2 659 03-31-2022, 07:46 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  9 months in, starting to get tired again with good AHIs MF DOOM 1 657 06-11-2021, 07:18 AM
Last Post: MF DOOM
  Decent AHIs and feeling tired after 1.5 months of CPAP Therapy Michael.lee98120 3 765 06-07-2021, 03:38 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.