Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What could be causing my SPO2 drops? (OSCAR attached)
RE: What could be causing my SPO2 drops? (OSCAR attached)
Hello again YouTakeMyBreathAway.  A good plan might be to see your Dr. (PCP).   When (if) you decide to go, be armed with data from OSCAR and as many relevant facts that you can present to your PCP.  Have SPO2 data for sure.  Ask PCP if he/she thinks you should see a Pulmonologist (if you are not already seeing one - if you are, you can try to contact them also about this).  As Bill pointed out earlier also, it could be some medication that is causing a reaction also.  Could possibly be some Neurological thing also (would not hurt to ask PCP if they think you should do any Neurological testing also).  I am not an expert and don't give medical advice, but a plan like this is what others recommended to me when I 1st came here and it worked.  It got the ball rolling for further testing which identified my specific problems causing my SPO2 drops during sleep.  Then successful treatment followed.  Members here give suggestions to try to correct obvious errors; but sometimes more testing/treatment is needed.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, I forgot something that may be important, too.  I remember you posting in your thread that Afrin helped your SPO2 levels a lot.  It could also be some sort of nasal/throat/upper airway problem.  If you decide to see PCP, tell them about Afrin (and ask if they think you might need to see an ENT also).
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi YouTakeMyBreathAway,

What are you using to measure SPO2? I am looking to get one. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Check the Product Review area. They have 
-    Thread-Product-Review-CMS50F-Pulse-Oximeter-USB-no-bluetooth
-    Thread-Product-Review-Wellue-O2Ring-initial-review
-    Thread-Product-Review-Oura-Ring

I use the CMS50 but as stated in Software support area, the automatic import is broken but the latest firmware updates. 
So it is a simple "save as" and then have OSCAR read the file. 

I would like to try the Wellue. Looks more comfortable. The CMS50 is just a big watch like device with finger probe.
I also would to try the Oura ring  but I think it is the most expensive. 

I don't want to give any advice for medications. But since you guys were going back and forth with Afrin usage that helped your breathing, I mentioned medications could impact or help your O2 readings. There are Rescue type sprays for Asthma type problems and other steroid drugs in an inhaler used daily that just improves breathing.  I know people that use both. See a Pulmonologist.
-- Bill
Struggling to keep the air moving like everyone else …  ?

Standard Disclaimer:
I'm just a CPAP user like you. I can't give medical advice. 
  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 143 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 930 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  New to OSCAR..Please Help me understand the data. *screenshots attached* Cowboys77 0 90 03-19-2024, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Cowboys77
  SPO2 still falling with CPAP freedom yayy 12 391 03-07-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: freedom yayy
  Help on analysing SpO2 drops a21900 9 826 03-02-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Per Laursen
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 679 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 229 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.