Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AIRFIT F10 LEAKS
AIRFIT F10 LEAKS
I have been using my new AIRFIT F10 mask the past 4 nights. The results show the mask is leaking way to much.
I can feel no leaks around the rubber seal on my face at all but when I cover the exhaust holes I can feel air leaking from where the pipe fitting clips into the mask.
I think this mask is of poor design or has been made faulty. Other than that I find the mask headgear and mask fit very good indeed.
I was thinking if taping the fitting that goes into the mask but that would stop the hose from turning when I move in my sleep.
I feel much more tired and fatigued the past few days and I am sure it is because of the mask leaks and not getting proper cpap therapy because of this.

Anyone have any ideas or experience with this mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AIRFIT F10 LEAKS
the side holes are for the flap released air/ low pressure or off, it opens so you don't suffocate.
the air leaking around where the pipe goes in is the bleed air, that is also so you don't rebreathe air.
inside the hole I think there should be a rubber seal, as least there is on it's sister mask the Quattro Air which has the same cussion.

so everything points to the mask being fine. how much is sleepyhead saying it's leaking and have you got the setting to full face in your machine, if there is one for masks?
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks for your help. After looking more closely at the mask I can see the mask leaks I mentioned are there for a reason. 
I am thinking that maybe I need to lower the pressure a little and see how it goes tonight.
With my previous mask the QUATTRO FX I could not go above 11 pressure as I would get blow outs at 11.5 and higher.
Maybe if I turn pressure down to 10 and see how it goes. 
I dont have the airfit f10 too tight nor too loose and turning over and changing position during testing caused no leaks.

Leak results from last night below:

Average Leak Rate 21.87
90% Leak Rate 31.00
% of time above Leak Rate threshold 50.08%
Post Reply Post Reply
No setting on machine to choose mask type
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you post your sleepyhead reports, some PR machines have two reportings of leak data, one for the intentional designed leak for CO2 safety reasons and the other unintentional leaks, failures of mask seal, etc. Does your report indicate two lines on your leak graph?

Does your machine have a System One Resistance Setting?
Post Reply Post Reply
There are 2 lines on the leak graph but I do not know what they are?

There is a c-flex+ setting from 1 to 3 and it is set to 3. 

Sleepyhead results from last night below:

http://imgur.com/a/86EEa
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2017, 07:57 AM)dizzy1 Wrote: Many thanks for your help. After looking more closely at the mask I can see the mask leaks I mentioned are there for a reason. 
I am thinking that maybe I need to lower the pressure a little and see how it goes tonight.
With my previous mask the QUATTRO FX I could not go above 11 pressure as I would get blow outs at 11.5 and higher.
Maybe if I turn pressure down to 10 and see how it goes. 
I dont have the airfit f10 too tight nor too loose and turning over and changing position during testing caused no leaks.

Leak results from last night below:

Average Leak Rate 21.87
90% Leak Rate 31.00
% of time above Leak Rate threshold 50.08%

Your leak numbers look fine, your % of time above Leak Rate Threshold I think is you took the default which is a ResMed number.  PR is Much higher (varies by a number of factors but 60 is likely a good value.  Can you post your charts so we can see for sure.  See my sig for how to.
Post Reply Post Reply
When Sleepyhead detects a large leak you get a grey bar covering the time that was so. You have none, you have no "large Leaks "LL"
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, the top line on your graph is the intended leak for your mask, this leak keeps you from rebreathing CO2, it also contains you leaks that are not intentional. The lower line is your leak rate that you want to control. There is a certain point that your machine cannot pump enough air to keep up with the links, I am not sure about PR machines, but anything over 24l/m on resmed's is the limit. There should be a Resistance setting in your menu, I think that this is similar to other machines and how you select masks. As you are using a resmed mask, you would have to go to the PR web site and find the settings for a similar size ffm.

You are having a good deal of snoring and you could have better control of your apneas. I am not quite sure how flex works it may be similar EPR on resmed's machines. You should start another thread asking for evaluation of your sleepyhead report. You probably need to reduce your flex or up your pressure, however you should get an opinions from other sr. members.
Post Reply Post Reply

• Philips-Respironics System One: There is no official "line in the sand" for flagging a Large Leak.
(Source: Encore Report Guide) Lots of System One user data posted on the forum indicates the Large Leak line for Total Leak Rate depends on whether the machine is a Series 50 (older) System One or a Series 60 (newer) System One. Lots of user data posted on the forum also indicates that the Large Leak line depends on the pressure used: People using less than 10 cm of pressure see Large Leaks being flagged much earlier than people using pressures greater than 10 cm. Here are some general estimated guidelines for where the undefined Philips Respironics Large Leak line is located:

• Series 60 System One users may start to see Large Leaks being flagged when the Total Leak Rate reaches 60-70 L/min; if the prescribed pressure setting is below about 8cm, then Large Leaks may be flagged when the Total Leak Rate reaches 50-60 L/min in some circumstances.

• Series 50 System One users may start to see Large Leaks being flagged when the Total Leak Rate reaches 80-90 L/min; if the prescribed pressure setting is below about 8cm, then Large Leaks may be flagged when the Total Leak Rate reaches 60 L/min in some circumstances.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 1 27 1 minute ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,452 Yesterday, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 121 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 8 131 03-14-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,780 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 85 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 4 192 03-09-2024, 06:58 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.