Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AIRFIT F10 LEAKS
RE: AIRFIT F10 LEAKS
I think the snoring indicated is the VS2 which no one seems to actually know what it is. The general recommendation is to ignore and turn off the flagging for that type of event.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for pointing that out
Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks everyone for your input. 

Just like to ask if it would be better to change the mode to cpap instead of c-check ?
Using cpap mode will give me a constant pressure but c-check will auto adjust pressure gradually to suit my needs.
Whilst my machine has been set to c-check with a pressure limit of 11, the pressure last night was a touch over 9 for most of the night.
I am thinking that the machine being on c-check is stopping me from getting a lower ahi as it is not reaching my maximum pressure limit of 11.

Shall I adjust mode to cpap mode and keep pressure at 11?
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep in mind you generally raise pressure to reduce obstructive events. You don't need to reach max pressure to be effective.
Post Reply Post Reply
dizzy's leak plots show quite a bit of the time his total leaks are in the 50-60 area and above which according to the Encore Report Guide quoted is in the large leak area.

With as much large leaks as you displayed, I would say that your headgear is not tight enough or there is some other problem. Contrary to popular opinion, when you encounter a lot of leaks often the mask needs tightening. It is a good idea to check everything else out before tightening because you want the straps as loose as possible. Check your cushions carefully for splits or folds. Inspect the whole mask assembly for potential leaks. Check the joints (elbow and swivel) for leaks with your fingers when wearing the mask. Check your hose for leaks and your machine also. If you find no leaks, try tightening your mask a little at a time. It would be a good idea to to read about mask fitting  in the Mask Primer in the Wiki area:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer. Also read Jeffy's article at the end of the Mask Primer entitled; How to achieve the perfect mask fit - GUARANTEED! by Jeffy1958.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
If they were my charts, I would increase your 11 to 12 and see how that went for a few days, I would keep my cflex if I wanted. I think you will fix it by raising your cpap pressure, as you go. the apnea also look positional, chin to chest and blocking airway, a foam cervical collar could help. or it could be by sleeping on back.

if the machine doesn't have a mask fit function, I would use a 15cm pressure to check your mask with the links you were given
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 0 12 39 minutes ago
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,446 Yesterday, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 120 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 8 130 03-14-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,777 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 85 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 4 191 03-09-2024, 06:58 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.