Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ALERT regarding possible re-breathing issues with Resmed Airfit P10
RE: ALERT regarding possible re-breathing issues with Resmed Airfit P10
Interesting, I can imagine that these holes can easily be blocked by moisture as they are quite small.

Just out of interest, my first Nasal mask had only one hole around an eight of an inch and that was it.
When I had rain-out with it I would get drops of water being pushed out of the vent hold.
When I first got the mask we had a lamp shade with tassels hanging from it, I used to point the vent towards them and watch them blow around a bit. It used to annoy the other half!

I have the same small holes on the vent of my mask, though it is not the P10. The vents do get a bit restricted when there is a lot of moisture, but it usually clears, but I have to say there is a slight difference to breathing though I can't say I noticed any ill effects from it.
But then I may just expell air out through my lips when this happens. Maybe this is why I get the angry face on a few occasions?
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: ALERT regarding possible re-breathing issues with Resmed Airfit P10
See following thread:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...YPERCAPNIA
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 84 3,428 1 hour ago
Last Post: SnoringInOregon
  Resmed Airfit F30: Only one frame size? UncollapseMeThroat 11 232 Yesterday, 12:41 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  New Member - Central Apneas of Just Slow Breathing? Coach43 8 201 03-17-2019, 05:43 AM
Last Post: bonjour
  UARS / Irregular breathing pattern nevermind 7 205 03-16-2019, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Thumbsup To all the good people on this forum [sleep issues and machine adj questions] sleepyzzz 18 582 03-13-2019, 12:20 PM
Last Post: sleepyzzz
  CSR Breathing Pattern Concern monkeybusiness 7 263 03-12-2019, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is my APAP having issues? Planemaker1974 1 90 03-11-2019, 06:17 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.