Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ALLERGY AND CPAP USE.
ALLERGY AND CPAP USE.
The pollen and mold count have been extremely high. I knew I was having problems with my eyes but last night because of tearing and secretion my eyes were clued shut. When I was able to clean them up and open my eyes, both upper and lower eye lids very EXTREMELY swollen and my eyes were beet red. I doubled my dose of antihistamines to help it.

So should I use cpap tonight? I am concerned that the pressure will affect my eyes negatively.

Thanks, Brad
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ALLERGY AND CPAP USE.
Yes, continue use. You'll feel much better than if you go without it.

You may want to use a nasal rinse prior to bed. Or at least use eye drops. I just started using Systane gel eye lubricant drops and love it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Have you checked the air filters lately?
The grey foam filter is washable and reusable and the white fine filter is a throwaway when get dirty
If you're not using the white filter, might be a good idea to get one

Keep your your gear squeaky clean, also check with your doctor to be on the safe side

Post Reply Post Reply
What you are describing may not be allergies. Small leaks from the mask directed towards your eyes can do this, and can be dangerous. Its the same reason you should not let your dog ride in the car with his head sticking out a window, unless you want a blind dog.

But it may be allergies. Do you have this happen when not using the xPAP, or before you ever used it?

What's really not fun is sneezing with the mask on. Not much fun afterwards, either.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Allergy Filter Follow-Up FLcracker 1 529 11-08-2021, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
  allergy free home strategies hegel 6 819 03-03-2021, 01:58 PM
Last Post: becker44a
  Medical Adhesive Allergy Greyghost1962 10 1,189 12-22-2020, 11:57 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Enhanced Allergy Filters? Snorzz 11 2,146 04-19-2018, 08:20 AM
Last Post: booksfan
  Allergy Filters for CPAP--New Guy Snorzz 5 1,752 01-20-2018, 12:53 PM
Last Post: MikeBear
  Mask selection allergy season JesseLee 4 1,285 10-09-2017, 03:53 PM
Last Post: kingstar
  [Treatment] Sleep Apnea + Asthama + Nasal Allergy getmylifeback 13 2,683 09-30-2016, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Violetskyye

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.