Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

F&P SleepStyle or ResMed AirSense 10
F&P SleepStyle or ResMed AirSense 10
Our MD is going to send a new Rx for us both to eliminate our DreamStations. We're past due, in respect to coverage, and it's obviously advisable at this point. We're leaning toward the F&P, but would highly appreciate your opinions before we pull the trigger and get locked in for the next five years. They're used as bedside systems, for travel we have DS Go units currently and will upgrade them as funds permit. We're both ageing and don't like devices requiring higher dexterity levels. Easy to clean, fill, etc. is a big positive for us. We have both responded well to Philips APAP systems, proving we're not overly complex Rx cases. We do manage ourselves in respect to clinical adjustments, no need for data transmission, etc. Thank you in advance for taking time to post. :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F&P SleepStyle or ResMed AirSense 10
If me, I'd request ResMed. I see it as the gold standard machine.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2024, 10:13 AM)Tampa Jim Wrote: Our MD is going to send a new Rx for us both to eliminate our DreamStations. We're past due, in respect to coverage, and it's obviously advisable at this point. We're leaning toward the F&P, but would highly appreciate your opinions before we pull the trigger and get locked in for the next five years. They're used as bedside systems, for travel we have DS Go units currently and will upgrade them as funds permit. We're both ageing and don't like devices requiring higher dexterity levels. Easy to clean, fill, etc. is a big positive for us. We have both responded well to Philips APAP systems, proving we're not overly complex Rx cases. We do manage ourselves in respect to clinical adjustments, no need for data transmission, etc. Thank you in advance for taking time to post. :-)

New to the board. I just switched from an Airsense 10 to the F&P Sleepstyle and like it better so far. Integrated tank (easy to clean unlike the AirSense 10 tank) , no power block (just the cord), Has a "sense-awake feature that will sense when awake so the air will run at a lower speed. IMO-better overall therapy; better algorithm.  I would suggest going on YouTube and watching a couple of videos too. The Resmed machine is no slacker I just prefer the the F&P better. Lastly, I liked the Resmed S9 better too which I still have as a back-up.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-03-2024, 10:12 AM)K2sleeper Wrote: New to the board. I just switched from an Airsense 10 to the F&P Sleepstyle and like it better so far. Integrated tank (easy to clean unlike the AirSense 10 tank) , no power block (just the cord), Has a "sense-awake feature that will sense when awake so the air will run at a lower speed. IMO-better overall therapy; better algorithm.  I would suggest going on YouTube and watching a couple of videos too. The Resmed machine is no slacker I just prefer the the F&P better. Lastly, I liked the Resmed S9 better too which I still have as a back-up.

We finally gave up trying to find an in-network DME who would provide us with the F&P. For whatever reason (insert reimbursement vs cost most likely) they just aren't interested in providing us with the SleepStyle. Of course, many of them are willing to sell us one for cash. Considering we currently need two new units, at a bare minimum, we're less than encouraged to write a check versus fully covered without cost thru a DME.

Currently, we're waiting to receive a phone call to order the AirSense 11. Yes, the 11, not the 10. My wife wants to stay with the most current design, smallest travel size, lower wattage (hurricane outages using our backup power) and the built-in "Her" algorithm in the same exact system. I'm not going to argue with her intellect. Sleeping outdoors, with the mosquitoes, is tough.

Thanks for your response. Wish the DMEs were a tad more accommodating.
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed machines are the best! You'll be happy with them.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sure I'll be happy with my system. My concerns were for my wife, she has RA and MCI. The SleepStyle system is physically & mentally simpler. Either way, we will manage. And, at this point, anything is better than continuing therapy with our DreamStation units. Now if we could manage to get Philips to provide us with a cash settlement for our DreamStation Go systems. We opted for replacement, however that's now a completely lost cause since they don't seem to be able to make a unit without carcinogenic particulates or offgassing.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 175 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,586 04-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 174 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 27,212 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
Sad [CPAP] F & P SleepStyle KittyKatIs 15 357 04-11-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 174 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 68,263 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.