Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

APAP adjustments
APAP adjustments
Been using ResMed S9 Adapt for a couple months and seem to be stuck in the 2-3 AHI range and based on a typical night result (attached), was wondering what adjustments I should try to see if I can get AHI lower? (Is Leak Rate OK? Should I lower max PS?)

Steve

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: APAP adjustments
Your leaks are pretty bad. Have you tried a chin strap or a full face mask?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have not tried either....sleep on my side a lot and that is when leaks seem to occur I think
For side sleepers, chin strap or full mask may help?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeping on your side can cause the mask to push against your pillow and cause a leak. I'm a side-sleeper, too, and I like using the Papillow (do a search on amazon for papillow and you can find a similar product).

But it's more likely the leaks are due to air escaping out your mouth. That might be fixed with a chin strap, or if that doesn't work a full face mask.

Contact your equipment provider and tell them what's going on. Usually people have to try several masks before finding one that fits them well.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2019, 08:04 AM)desertscorpion Wrote: Been using ResMed S9 Adapt for a couple months and seem to be stuck in the 2-3 AHI range and based on a typical night result (attached), was wondering what adjustments I should try to see if I can get AHI lower? (Is Leak Rate OK? Should I lower max PS?)

Steve

Steve as I said on the other site your leaks look a lot like mouth breathing maybe a cervical collar or chin strap will help
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the chin strap advice...tried that and now AHI at 0.2-0.5 !
 Only complaint now is minor aerophagia problem...would lowering PS Max help with that?

Steve

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2019, 10:26 AM)desertscorpion Wrote: Thanks for the chin strap advice...tried that and now AHI at 0.2-0.5 !
 Only complaint now is minor aerophagia problem...would lowering PS Max help with that?

Steve

possibly but also may raise ahi it's a balancing act
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 6 503 7 hours ago
Last Post: phillyfan24
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,830 7 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 90 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 374 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 577 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 440 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.