Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

APAP mechanical reliability
RE: APAP mechanical reliability
(04-25-2014, 06:13 AM)littleblackduck Wrote: Thank you both Zonk and Tez62.
The local sleep clinic had always warned me away from buying online or overseas... advised that online quite often will supply reconditioned machines and if overseas the data reading software may not be compatible.
But- even with the little bit of reading I have done on this forum I now tend to think it was just a sales pitch.
I will let you know what I decide on Smile
Great article about which ones to avoid.
Not only sales pitch but deception as well

One of forum member Archangle (author of the machines to avoid wiki) famous saying (does apply in Australia too)
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.

DME http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=DME

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi littleblackduck,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you on your machine buying decision and I look forward to hearing which one you chose.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
FYI - on most any machine it is super easy to look and see when you first get it to learn if it's new or used. I believe ALL machines report total hours used, and that this is not re-settable either.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi everyone. Just letting you know I decided on Resmed Autoset and loving it!
The mask 'pulses' when I'm awake and breath too slowly that is a bit to get used to but sleep so far day 3 is PERFECT
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2014, 06:16 AM)littleblackduck Wrote: Hi everyone. Just letting you know I decided on Resmed Autoset and loving it!
The mask 'pulses' when I'm awake and breath too slowly that is a bit to get used to but sleep so far day 3 is PERFECT

That's great news - keep up the good work!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job Duckie. My S9 is my best buddy these days. We spend many happy hours together.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, the pulses are the machine trying to figure out what you are doing. As you are laying there falling asleep, you are probably breathing shallow-er than it thinks you should and it keeps sending out signals (the pulses) to test the echoes. The machine has no clue if you are asleep or awake, only that it is on and it senses you are breathing.

If you find those pulses overly annoying, then turn on the ramp feature. It won't do this during the ramp.

I don't feel it at night but I do in the morning. It's what wakes me up the rest of the way, actually.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again! Thanks for info re pulses.
nearly 2 weeks and still loving machine.
I have noticed for the past 2 nights that my 'daily summary' is there in the morning but not at night when I look again.
Is it the way I am turning the machine off? Do you keep it in 'sleep' mode all day where the green light source still on the on/off button OR should I hold the button down and turn it completely off each morning?
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day littleblackduck

Great news that you're getting on with your machine! In the world of CPAP the "day" starts at 12 noon. The machine resets itself at 12 o'clock - when you think about it, it makes sense to do it that way rather than midnight! On the Resmed S9s there is a more advanced information menu which allows you to look at your results in some detail for up to 30 days, but I don't know if F&P have something like that.

I usually leave my machine turned on all the time - I don't think it really matters.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow thanks. The user manual is a bit poor on info!
Could have sworn I could see them at night for the first week but I must be mistaken.
Do you soft or hard turn off your machine? (If that makes sense!)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 371 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 576 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 432 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,420 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,149 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 587 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.