Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

APAP mechanical reliability
RE: APAP mechanical reliability
(05-21-2014, 05:16 AM)littleblackduck Wrote: Wow thanks. The user manual is a bit poor on info!
Could have sworn I could see them at night for the first week but I must be mistaken.
Do you soft or hard turn off your machine? (If that makes sense!)
The clinical manual provide more information, available via Email, scroll down to section three
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

S9 setup video and picture http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

CPAP day start at midday but you should be able to see the data of last night (until you go to bed at night or taking an afternoon nap), press and hold both silver button and turn the push dial (all explained in the clinical manual)

By downloading the software, you can see more detailed stats and detailed graphs which gives you better understanding of whats going on
ResScan and SleepyHead (also works with Mac computers) download links
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links
Post Reply Post Reply
Whoops! Zonk's right. For some reason I thought you had a Fisher & Paykel.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Smile I'll email for the manual.
Paul, you're not going mad! My personal summary did say Fischer & paykel when you first responded!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2014, 04:34 AM)littleblackduck Wrote: Hi everyone. New to this forum and would very much value your advice.
I currently use a set pressure machine but need a new one.
I was going to upgrade to an auto machine UNTIL my hubby asked about whether the more features, settings and controls would make it more likely to fail or need repairs? $3000+ for a new machine is a lot of money so I'd love your feedback on most reliable for my money. .

I can't speak for anything other than the resmed s9 models, but there's no difference at all between the various S9 models.

except the firmware.

open 'em up and they're all the same inside, same components.

admittedly, I've only opened up an elite (plain cpap) and an adapt (adaptive servo ventilator) so far, but given the differences in the price, and function, there's no reason to think that the rest of them in between those two extremes aren't the same too Smile

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 90 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 374 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 578 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 440 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,427 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,152 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 590 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.