Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

APEX XT Prime travel machine
Question 
APEX XT Prime travel machine
I have  an Apex XT Prime travel machine that I have used only a couple times because I find it hard to exhale against.  I just found in the manual that it has PVA capability, which if turned on, might solve the whole problem. I bought it new online from cpap website so am SOL unless I ship it back to them to change. Anyone have any help for this, is there a way I can do it myself?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: APEX XT Prime travel machine
G'day Wallydog88. Welcome to Apnea Board.

There was a discussion relating to setting the pressures on an Apex XT-Fit machine a few years ago, including the "magic" button sequence to get into the clinical menu. One of the contributors said the instructions worked on the XT Prime as well, so you might be able to get into the clinical menu and go from there. See here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-in-XT-Fit

To actually select the VPA setting you need, the instructions are on P8 of the user manual, as follows:

User Manual Wrote:(4)    PVA (Pressure Variation Algorithm)  
Press  "MENU"  button  to  select  [c      on/off]  menu,  you  can  view  if  the  PVA  function  is
enabled  by  the  provider,  a  respiratory  therapist  or  physician.  The  PVA  function  delivers
pressure relief upon exhalation to improve comfort. If the PVA function is enabled, press
"UP"  or  "DOWN"  button  to  adjust  the  comfort  level.  There  are  3  adjustable  levels  of
pressure relief that you feel while exhalation. Level 1 provides small pressure variation; and
level 3 provides higher pressure variation.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is also a very helpful video on YouTube produced by supplier # 2 on the forum supplier page that shows how to access and change all the settings on the XT machines, including the pressures, etc.

Just search "Apex XT".
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
Thank you, figured out how to get into the clinicians set up

Thanks
. Got that set up and lowered the pressure, but now after about ten minutes of use it goes to standby. 

Now, trying to figure out how to stop that!!! 
Any ideas??
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2017, 09:45 PM)Wallydog88 Wrote: Thank you, figured out how to get into the clinicians set up

Thanks
. Got that set up and lowered the pressure, but now after about ten minutes of use it goes to standby. 

Now, trying to figure out how to stop that!!! 
Any ideas??

Try checking the following setting:

"(5) Low Pressure Auto Off Press "MENU" button to select [LOW P on/off] menu, you can view if the Low Pressure Auto Off setting is enabled and the device will be automatically turned off while detecting a large leak for 3 minutes. This setting is adjustable only by the provider, a respiratory therapist or physician."

In which case, you will also need to deal with possible large leaks.

The SleepyHead software won't work on the Apex machines. If you wish to check on your data/progress, you will need to install the Easy Compliance software and here is the link to the thread for the downloads:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid160309
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 614 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,443 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,187 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Travel CPAP Concerns cyleclayton 3 440 01-18-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 261,272 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Travel ASV morningstar 5 754 10-26-2023, 10:22 PM
Last Post: morningstar
  Solution for the AirMini Travel Noise JimIve 33 26,897 10-17-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: tj1616

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.