Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

APNEA BOARD SERVER had power outage, back online now!
RE: APNEA BOARD SERVER had power outage, back online now!
(05-11-2014, 07:05 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: ... Not bad, really, considering one of the major down periods was when I accidentally deleted all the files from our server and had to restore from a backup. Fortunately I do regular backups which helps when I have my "stupid moments", and in that case, we only lost a few hour's worth of data and posts. Bigwink Smile

I was once on a large data library project with 4 others. The data was In a deep hierarchy. The data was located locally on one of our Sun Unix workstations. I had a tape backup that worked fine. I put a new tape in every Monday morning. In the path was one of those Unix pointers ($Pointer) that gets resolved to the actual path. When the library was moved; that pointer was updated to to a very long path. The tape backup could only handle some maximum number of characters in storing the path for restoration. The long pointer and the deep hierarchy was too long for deeply nested data. But, there were no error messages; and I faithfully put a new tape in every Monday morning. Of course when it did crash, and our backups were incomplete, we lost a lot of work.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,793 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 618 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,987 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sleep physicians that value OSCAR and the Apnea Board community FrankFuss 26 3,340 02-28-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  New to the board: Pre Therapy, suspected Central Apnea MVoltaire 12 499 02-28-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: MVoltaire
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 525 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 935 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.