Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

APNEA BOARD SERVER had power outage, back online now!
(05-11-2014, 07:05 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: ... Not bad, really, considering one of the major down periods was when I accidentally deleted all the files from our server and had to restore from a backup. Fortunately I do regular backups which helps when I have my "stupid moments", and in that case, we only lost a few hour's worth of data and posts. Bigwink Smile

I was once on a large data library project with 4 others. The data was In a deep hierarchy. The data was located locally on one of our Sun Unix workstations. I had a tape backup that worked fine. I put a new tape in every Monday morning. In the path was one of those Unix pointers ($Pointer) that gets resolved to the actual path. When the library was moved; that pointer was updated to to a very long path. The tape backup could only handle some maximum number of characters in storing the path for restoration. The long pointer and the deep hierarchy was too long for deeply nested data. But, there were no error messages; and I faithfully put a new tape in every Monday morning. Of course when it did crash, and our backups were incomplete, we lost a lot of work.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] To buy CPAP online, living in Sydney Australia kamran.zafar 6 143 Yesterday, 11:33 PM
Last Post: kamran.zafar
  Supine (Back) sleeping OMyMyOHellYes 2 135 05-18-2017, 09:28 AM
Last Post: justMongo
  No return from online suppliers CPAPreturnee 6 193 05-10-2017, 12:05 AM
Last Post: chill
  Best Online sites to order masks sleepytimegal 8 340 05-06-2017, 12:52 AM
Last Post: CrazyDreamer
  A New Backup Power Source for XPAPs? sptrout 2 182 04-25-2017, 02:30 PM
Last Post: sptrout
  BiPAP as Back UP Machine holden4th 5 338 04-17-2017, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Trouble after power outages ScoobieDrew 5 311 04-16-2017, 06:55 PM