Thread Closed 
APNEA BOARD SERVER had power outage, back online now!
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Sex: Male

RE: APNEA BOARD SERVER had power outage, back online now!
(05-11-2014 07:05 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  ... Not bad, really, considering one of the major down periods was when I accidentally deleted all the files from our server and had to restore from a backup. Fortunately I do regular backups which helps when I have my "stupid moments", and in that case, we only lost a few hour's worth of data and posts. Bigwink Smile

I was once on a large data library project with 4 others. The data was In a deep hierarchy. The data was located locally on one of our Sun Unix workstations. I had a tape backup that worked fine. I put a new tape in every Monday morning. In the path was one of those Unix pointers ($Pointer) that gets resolved to the actual path. When the library was moved; that pointer was updated to to a very long path. The tape backup could only handle some maximum number of characters in storing the path for restoration. The long pointer and the deep hierarchy was too long for deeply nested data. But, there were no error messages; and I faithfully put a new tape in every Monday morning. Of course when it did crash, and our backups were incomplete, we lost a lot of work.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
05-12-2014 09:48 AM
Find all posts by this user

Donate to Apnea Board
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Turn my pressure back up? duece12345 1 32 Today 02:23 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Smile [Admin Note] PLEASE HELP Apnea Board if you can [new server coming] SuperSleeper 29 820 Today 11:02 AM
Last Post: SaldusMiegas
  [CPAP] Machine turning self off and back on rstroudmsdwc 36 13,850 Yesterday 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New Member. This board has already made my life better! Russatrice 9 322 11-26-2016 01:24 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Insurance won't pay for power cord? CharlotteYork 13 885 11-17-2016 11:58 PM
Last Post: tzk321
Idea ResMed S8 repair for no power SuperSleeper 4 247 11-17-2016 02:41 PM
Last Post: 10bigal10
  Can't Find Device Number (DN) on Back of Machine gamegrrl 5 183 11-14-2016 05:32 PM
Last Post: gamegrrl