Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ARES home sleep test
RE: ARES home sleep test
After a month of paperwork, phone calls, and discussions, I finally have my new Philips Respironics System One Auto A-Flex. I was thrilled to have it until I found that I could not fall asleep with it set to the 5-20 range. Also, the ramp time, which I am unaccustomed to using, is way too long. The company says only the doc can authorize a change and I'll need an appointment to see him. Thanks to this Board, I don't have to wait 3 weeks until my appointment and am looking forward to the beginning of some terrific sleep. My old fixed-pressure machine I set to 12 (from 9) about 3 months ago and the results were astoundingly positive. That outcome set in motion the request for this new Auto and perhaps the final chapter in a 12 year long quest to reliably sleep well. AT LONG LAST! Thanks for everyones input!

Now if someone could tell me how to silence or lower the volume on the 'beep' as it starts or stops, I'd be really thrilled. The beep is loud enough to wake my spouse.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-03-2012, 11:33 PM)Fosco Wrote: Now if someone could tell me how to silence or lower the volume on the 'beep' as it starts or stops, I'd be really thrilled. The beep is loud enough to wake my spouse.

Congratulations. Did you get the PRS1 model 60 or the older PRS1?

I believe later model machines have a "silent" mode in the clinician's menu somewhere to shut off the beep. Have you got the clinician's manual? Get into the clinician's manual and see if you can find something about silent.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've read that the beep can turned off in the later builds machines (firmware v2.50). Resmed S9 no beep.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 78 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 65 5,908 03-19-2024, 07:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 130 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  Self-administered sleep test? BlueSky1958 6 209 02-29-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 205 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.