Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AS 10 adjustments
AS 10 adjustments
Hi I have been in and out of this forum for a few years. Just recently started using a resmed as10 and find it quite good. Am in the process of setting my operating parameters. Have noticed the machines "clock" is off by a couple hours. Tried to reset it but was denied. My question is; why am I denied and how do I get in to set the time correctly. This would not bother me except it cuts my sleep time into two parts. I realize it all comes out in the wash but would like to have it correct.
Thanks in advance.
Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AS 10 adjustments
(03-09-2016, 06:54 PM)jim hubbell Wrote: Hi I have been in and out of this forum for a few years. Just recently started using a resmed as10 and find it quite good. Am in the process of setting my operating parameters. Have noticed the machines "clock" is off by a couple hours. Tried to reset it but was denied. My question is; why am I denied and how do I get in to set the time correctly. This would not bother me except it cuts my sleep time into two parts. I realize it all comes out in the wash but would like to have it correct.
Thanks in advance.
Jim

See the link on this page at the top "CPAP Setup Manuals". Follow the instructions there to get the Clinical manual for your machine - this will tell you how to change the clock as well as all of the therapy parameters.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are probably looking to move the clock backwards a couple of hours. (Since forward is seldom a problem) If you try, and there is existing data for that new time, it will not allow it.

ResMed's CPAP day is from noon (on the machines clock) to noon. Try setting it back in what the machine's clock considers afternoon or early evening.
(You may have to set it back in bites over of a couple of days.)

BTW -- depending on where you are in the world -- here in the US, DST begins this weekend. So, if you wait 'til this weekend, you may only have to set it back about an hour.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jim hubbell,
WELCOME BACK! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Since DST is coming this weekend. Does the ResMed A10 machine not reset the time? Make the correct time show up on the machine?

I was wondering about that as well. If not then I will need to go in and change the time myself. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
My S9 does not. Possibly so on the 10 series if it can use the cellular modem. Otherwise it has no idea of your timezone; and whether or not it is located in a state that observes DST. Example, Arizona does not.

My best guess is for the 10 series: you have to adjust the clock.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The clock is strictly dumb and knows nothing about what time it is outside even though they could easily have had it get the time over the cell network. You need to keep checking it every week or so because it drifts and has to be corrected manually. You also need to adjust it for DST if you want that.

This year I'm going to leave my machine on standard time, just because. I'll change the other clocks but not the CPAP.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
The amount of clock drift is astounding. They can make a cheap wristwatch that holds to a few seconds per month.
But the clock in a PAP machine can drift minutes per month.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 6 505 8 hours ago
Last Post: phillyfan24
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,834 9 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
Gross Need help interpreting data and making adjustments tiredandexpired 13 589 03-01-2024, 10:07 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Help Interpreting OSCAR data and making adjustments Catbois 1 173 03-01-2024, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto - Adjustments sleepy9994 11 1,365 10-28-2023, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] Air pressure adjustments Jeromer 14 1,363 10-12-2023, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.