Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AS10 humidifier seal the culprit ?
My AS10 has been a little noisy since I got it nearly two years ago. The other day I used the macro on my camera to take a good look at the humidifier seals. The cropped result is linked. (I hope)
As you can see, there is a small dent in the intake seal around the 7:00 o'clock area. I stuck a dab of silicone plumbers grease on it and the corresponding area of the tank, and the noise pretty well disappeared - at least for a few days of refilling the tank Smile

I haven't decided whether i should bring this to the DME, as I've had it for nearly two years... if I thought I could get a machine that reported RERAs, though...

Anyway, people with noisy machines should take a look at those seals - BTW, the outlet seal is supposed to be slightly oval (I think). And, of course, only the outlet seal is easy to replace Sad
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I see the "ding" in the seal. IMHO, ResMed took a step backwards with the 10 series integral humidifier.

You can get the air outlet seal; I'm not finding the seal of interest.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A10 side cover vs humidifier - which for travel? PaulaO2 2 32 1 hour ago
Last Post: Mosquitobait
Ohmy [Equipment] Need Help with Resmed H5i Humidifier DannyV 9 215 03-20-2018, 09:31 AM
Last Post: ShaunBlake
  ResMed AS10 and F&P Simplus FF mask compatability (edited) jmancuso 23 442 03-14-2018, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Hy Mezzanine
  Humidifier problem larryslade66 7 259 03-12-2018, 03:24 PM
Last Post: larryslade66
  Humidifier operation. [H5i on S9 auto] jimvers 3 165 03-11-2018, 03:13 PM
Last Post: foxfire
Sad [Equipment] Respironics DreamStation Humidifier Heat problem superkid 8 297 03-11-2018, 04:40 AM
Last Post: superkid
  [Equipment] New user- Humidifier txrpls 23 673 03-05-2018, 06:39 PM
Last Post: txrpls