Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AS10 humidifier seal the culprit ?
Question 
My AS10 has been a little noisy since I got it nearly two years ago. The other day I used the macro on my camera to take a good look at the humidifier seals. The cropped result is linked. (I hope)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mdhhjifob86j28...s.png?dl=0
As you can see, there is a small dent in the intake seal around the 7:00 o'clock area. I stuck a dab of silicone plumbers grease on it and the corresponding area of the tank, and the noise pretty well disappeared - at least for a few days of refilling the tank Smile

I haven't decided whether i should bring this to the DME, as I've had it for nearly two years... if I thought I could get a machine that reported RERAs, though...

Anyway, people with noisy machines should take a look at those seals - BTW, the outlet seal is supposed to be slightly oval (I think). And, of course, only the outlet seal is easy to replace Sad
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I see the "ding" in the seal. IMHO, ResMed took a step backwards with the 10 series integral humidifier.

You can get the air outlet seal; I'm not finding the seal of interest.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Equipment] Why is the use of a humidifier (with heated hose) so important? bonum.noctem 20 262 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: Stom
  [Equipment] Dreamstation Go Noise Difference vs. Home Unit with Humidifier FireNWater 25 654 07-20-2018, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
Question Stopped Using Humidifier, No More Chest Pain BDP87 8 301 07-09-2018, 12:41 PM
Last Post: stanleydean
Question HELP! Need a H5i Lid Seal macbugpromo 3 168 07-07-2018, 03:03 AM
Last Post: holden4th
Sad [CPAP] Started Using Humidifier On CPAP Machine, Instantly Got Sick BDP87 10 415 07-05-2018, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Equipment] Respironics DreamStation Humidifier Heat problem superkid 10 984 06-20-2018, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Robert121571
  Dreamstation Humidifier Question Newbee2016 28 3,200 06-20-2018, 12:03 AM
Last Post: turtlez