Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV - At last
RE: ASV - At last
Hello everybody,
Today has been great so far. Two things have happened:
1) I achieved an AHI of 0.81 last night over 7 hours and 26 minutes of sleep and I feel great.
2) I took delivery of my new machine "It is new per the DeepBreathing method" and I am so looking forward to setting it up.
At least they kept there word on this so I am just going to move forward. The one thing that surprised me was that they had the lady who lied to my face be in charge of the hand over. Things were a little strained and then the branch manager came into the office and wanted to shake my hand as if nothing had happened. I asked if this was common practice and they said 'oh no". I still feel like asking the insurance company how many new machines they have been charged for and then explain why. Perhaps I can't move on. But no, I got the machine and I have achieved under 1.0 AHI for the first time.
Now with that I can be happy. Onwards and upwards as someone recently told me.
Last night my UAs were 0.134 and the Hypops were 0.673. This was using a Min EPAP of 6.4 and a max of 10.4. I have kept the PS still at 4 to 10. The one thing I have done is gone back to the Amara View as the Simplus had pushed the numbers up to 4 and above for a couple of nights. Weird.
None the less it is a wonderful day and I wish you all one as well.
Don
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
Thomas A. Edison

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Don - congratulations, great news.

New machine, feeling good, and AHI below 1.

What more could someone with sleep apnoea want!

PS That's strange about the Simplus. Were those nights perhaps associated with more leaks?

Best wishes, asjb

My current pressures: Auto-ASV. EPAP 11.6 - 14. PS 3 - 10
Post Reply Post Reply
Great news Don! And glad the "DeepBreathing" method was able to guarantee a brand new machine. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Don. I'm also just over a week into ASV therapy, so I'll be following your adventures with interest. I'm using different hardware, a PR System One AutoSV. So far, SleepyHead's AHI reports agree with the machine's readout on AHI, but SleepyHead's periodic breathing estimate can be different, although I haven't tracked it every day.

Good luck on ASV!
Post Reply Post Reply
Well Everyone,
What a week. I picked the machine up on Thursday and enjoyed the process of setting it up. I used exactly the same settings that I had on the old machine (Min EPAP 6.4 max 10.4 -PS 4 to 10 - the comfort settings were the same) but it felt very different. The pressure seemed much higher and I was a bit disappointed when i got an AHI of 3.74.
I have been chopping and changing the settings over the past few weeks so i derided to persevere. I am so glad that I did because the AHI has been 1.78 and 0.46. That has been the best number I have ever had. The smiley zero face may be a possibility after all.
As for the comparison between the Amara View and the Simplus. The leaks were fractionally less on the Simplus but major leaks registered at less than 2.0%. Is that an acceptable number?
Tmoody so sorry not to be more responsive but I have a couple of other things going on and I haven't been well. Please let me know how you are doing? I Think I have proved a couple of things one of which is to stick at it and another is to not just change numbers for the sake of things. I think we are both on the right road and I think it is time to start enjoying the ride.
Good Luck,
Don
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
Thomas A. Edison

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.