Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV - Finally! Progress Thread
ASV - Finally! Progress Thread
It has finally arrived. Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV, 0 hours. My settings are as follows, max epap 15, min epap 4, max PS 15, min PS 3 on ASV Auto.  

I will have my first night tonight. Looking forward to getting some rest!  

Thanks to all of the members here for your encouragement and support. Had it not been for the knowledge gained here, I am confident I would be further from results than I am today. I'll post feedback on ASV therapy here, and will post updates accordingly.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ASV - Finally! Progress Thread
like like like
Post Reply Post Reply
Finally and big congrats on getting your ASV. Best on near future success! Post up OSCAR data tomorrow if possible. Let's see this work.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's good news! Best of luck to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
It had to happen, but you have been very patient going through the process. Now it's time to enjoy something that will work. Good luck.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just started on ASV last night as well. I feel really great today and noticed my therapy was a little different than my apap.

I have it pretty much all on auto with the (somewhat default) pressure settings that you have.

I'll get some data as well but I am encouraged and starting to wonder why they don't just give all eligible people one of these instead of starting on the lower ones. If you have a High deductible health plan the insurer really doesn't pay a cent towards it so not sure why they care, should be a choice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here we go!  First observations - this is much more comfy than the old machine.  I did toss and turn a fair amount, but I haven't been using pap for over 2 months of late, so re-acclimating to the mask.  Sleep when I was asleep, was like that of the dead.  I definitely struggled waking up, likely because its so uncommon to make it through a night without a bunch of apnea!  This absolutely is a favorable outcome compared to even my best nights on apap.  

My complaints from the night were some aerophagia, some mouth leaking (still working on the mask situation), and beginning to get my body to understand that it does not need a central apnea in order to fall asleep.  I noticed repeatedly as I was drifting off that centrals were being blocked by the machine.  It was occasionally jarring, but knowing why it was jarring allowed me to embrace it.  It will take some getting used to, but clearly my time in apnea last night was less than I can recall seeing on APAP.   I also noticed that at times I wished my baseline pressures were a little higher, particularly on the inhale. Not sure why I felt that way, but it was towards the beginning of the night.  Possibly when the machine was playing around with lower starting ipap?  

I woke feeling more alert.  Still tired, but less brain fog.  And my sleep at alarm time was immeasurably deeper.  I don't recall the last time that I slept through an alarm, or had an alarm going off while I struggled to wake.  I wake normally at alarm time with the slightest provocation - usually hearing others stir is enough for me to wake.  I felt like I could have kept going for hours this morning.  Probably the beginning of reclaiming my accrued sleep debt!

Any thoughts on the chart?  Sorry I only had time for the overview.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
If you find the machine blowing at you as you fall asleep forcefully blow back at it and it will back off give it a few nights and you won’t even notice
Post Reply Post Reply
This looks good and will get better. There are obvious clusters of higher pressure support where what would have been CA, has been intercepted, and much of that is at sleep onset. Consider a wedge or elevation of the head of the bed for aerophagia rather than changing settings, but this should also improve with acclimation. Nice to see you finally getting the therapy you obviously needed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-13-2019, 08:34 AM)skiajl6297 Wrote: Here we go!  First observations - this is much more comfy than the old machine.  I did toss and turn a fair amount, but I haven't been using pap for over 2 months of late, so re-acclimating to the mask.  Sleep when I was asleep, was like that of the dead.  I definitely struggled waking up, likely because its so uncommon to make it through a night without a bunch of apnea!  This absolutely is a favorable outcome compared to even my best nights on apap.  

My complaints from the night were some aerophagia, some mouth leaking (still working on the mask situation), and beginning to get my body to understand that it does not need a central apnea in order to fall asleep.  I noticed repeatedly as I was drifting off that centrals were being blocked by the machine.  It was occasionally jarring, but knowing why it was jarring allowed me to embrace it.  It will take some getting used to, but clearly my time in apnea last night was less than I can recall seeing on APAP.   I also noticed that at times I wished my baseline pressures were a little higher, particularly on the inhale. Not sure why I felt that way, but it was towards the beginning of the night.  Possibly when the machine was playing around with lower starting ipap?  

I woke feeling more alert.  Still tired, but less brain fog.  And my sleep at alarm time was immeasurably deeper.  I don't recall the last time that I slept through an alarm, or had an alarm going off while I struggled to wake.  I wake normally at alarm time with the slightest provocation - usually hearing others stir is enough for me to wake.  I felt like I could have kept going for hours this morning.  Probably the beginning of reclaiming my accrued sleep debt!

Any thoughts on the chart?  Sorry I only had time for the overview.

From the bold comment, you want more baseline. Try a bump on EPAP Min. Step up to 5 and see how that feels. For myself, I've got my EPAP Min about 2 below my Median. You don't have to emulate that, but my experience says a slight bump as suggested would tackle your want of more base air.

I suggest if you try this, use a night and compare numbers AND feel. If it's OK, let it go. If you still feel like you want more, go to 6 EPAP Min.

FWIW EPAP Min is the absolute lowest air setting you'll get to the mask.

Coffee

PS

My experience indicates PS edits to gain baseline seems to add "aggression". At some point, maybe PS Min of 4 but not now on any PS edits IMO.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,067 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,030 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 958 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,205 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,579 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 534 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.